• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

What are you eating?

Lucy_girl

Reaction score
I feel so stressed about food lately, I don't seem to want to eat anything so I force myself.. However I don't think I'm getting enough calories because I wake up every night at 3:00 a.m. Starving.. So I get up and have a bowl of oatmeal. This sleep pattern is killing me though I'm beyond exhausted.

How many calories a day should we be eating? I'm 14.5 weeks, and 130 lbs now.

I feel so stressed about food lately, I don't seem to want to eat anything so I force myself.. However I don't think I'm getting enough calories because I wake up every night at 3:00 a.m. Starving.. So I get up and have a bowl of oatmeal. This sleep pattern is killing me though I'm beyond exhausted.

How many calories a day should we be eating? I'm 14.5 weeks, and 130 lbs now.

I'm not sure calorie wise.. but I'd say within the 2,000 range? It all depends on you, and how easily you gain weight.

I've had a hard time eating too because nothing sounds good, but I force myself to eat yogurt, cheese, juice.. just eat something filling before bed to hold you over throughout the night (like oatmeal).

OH - Special K protein bars are AMAZING. Eat one of those with a glass of milk, or water.. and it'll hold you over - plus they taste great!

To figure out your needed calorie you multiply your prepregnancy weight by 15. The sum would be how many calories you would eat to maintain that weight then you just add on the extra calories accordingly to what trimester your in!

I eat tiny portions about every two hours. You do not want to feel like you are starving. When I wake up I make myself eat even though I am not hungry.

The average woman in the second half of a pregnancy should be consuming about 2250 calories.

If you are quite petite then you might only need 2000, although if you are underweight aswell you need to be making sure you gain enough weight.

If you are significantly overweight then you might actually lose weight on 2250 but that is only because you have got used to eating 2500 or more which is how you got the weight on in the first place.

If you are very sporty and active you might need a little more than 2250 due to your activity levels. Same applies if you are very tall and weigh more without being overweight.

If you are of normal weight, and are gaining weight appropriately, and the baby is growing well, counting calories in pregnancy is not recommended.

My advice for you is to have a nice snack a couple of hours after your evening meal, before you go to bed. Hopefully that will allow you to sleep through to breakfast without waking up hungry.

oh, and right now I'm eating chips & salsa (w/ corn.. gotta get my veggies) and an ice cold coca cola :thumbup:

just thought I'd add that in case it miraculously sounded good to anyone :haha:

the same happens on me! I used to need to wake up 3 times at night to eat, 1am, 3am, and 5am! It was horrible, and it disturbed my sleep severely.
My OB told me, it was a message my body telling me that I wasn't eating enough. He advised me to eat as frequently as possible. So I forced myself to eat (it isn't easy, I don't have much appetite), I found that the more I eat in the day, the less frequent I need to wake up at night to eat.
Now I mananged to keep it down to once a night (from 3 times a night) and extend the hours of sleeping longer. I sleep at 10pm and only wake up at 5:30 or 6am to eat! I can sleep better and longer.
My advice is, eat at least 5-6 meals a day, because I eat a little each time, and try to snack on in between, just eat whatever you want to. Dr said it is crucial at this time that I EAT, and it doesn't matter what I eat.
I also make sure I don't go to bed empty stomach. And elevate my upper body to prevent acid reflux.
While typing this, I am eating a bowl of RICE!

I feel as thought everybody is eating healthily apart from me - I just seem to be eating crisps all the time and it's getting me down but I can't stop it!! :(

I am craving satsumas tho so am eating a lot of them... and I am trying to balance the bad stuff with good food too but it is not always possible! :(

I feel as thought everybody is eating healthily apart from me - I just seem to be eating crisps all the time and it's getting me down but I can't stop it!! :(

I am craving satsumas tho so am eating a lot of them... and I am trying to balance the bad stuff with good food too but it is not always possible! :(

oh, try not to worry so much - I eat like crap most of the time.. ramen noodles, chips, freezer food.. :blush: if you're having problems w/ nausea and stuff, just eat what you can get down for now :thumbup:

oh, try not to worry so much - I eat like crap most of the time.. ramen noodles, chips, freezer food.. :blush: if you're having problems w/ nausea and stuff, just eat what you can get down for now :thumbup:

Well I was having problems with nausea but now it's become a bit of a habit to just eat all this crap! Wish I could just say "no" to crisps! This baby is going to come out looking like one!!!

Well I was having problems with nausea but now it's become a bit of a habit to just eat all this crap! Wish I could just say "no" to crisps! This baby is going to come out looking like one!!!

haha, you'll be okay :) Just try to break the habit by not buying so much junk food.. invest in some yogurt, or string cheese.. and if you go with crisps, try to go with baked.. instead of the super salty unhealthy ones? good luck :thumbup:

haha, you'll be okay :) Just try to break the habit by not buying so much junk food.. invest in some yogurt, or string cheese.. and if you go with crisps, try to go with baked.. instead of the super salty unhealthy ones? good luck :thumbup:

yeah good idea. thank you! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"