What are you getting for Christmas?

don't think im getting anything really. we are saving up for a loft conversion. im hoping for a nice 'mummy' card from my little ones though. i love it! and my wife card too.

any money we get will be spent on 'luxury' items for our home that we normally couldnt afford to buy eg special towels, nicer wallpaper etc

Sounds like a good plan! Any money we get this year will be going towards the wedding/honeymoon!

DF got me a ring sling which is being shipped. I told him go get it lol. My parents, MIL, and grandparents will give us money for our holiday. My sister and BIL are regifting us some presents from their engagement party as they got a lot of doubles (pots, cutlery, plates, towels etc).

Dunno bout anything else. Tbh I always get crap presents outside of immediate family as they don't know what I like.

Had to google the ring sling - it looks fab! I'll be waiting one of those! *adds it to the ever growing list…* :haha:

If you're interested, this is the one we got. It's converted from my dream wrap (woven wrap that is), which is a Girasol rainbow light.HERE

I also got another dream wrap (every wrap is my dream wrap) that was meant to be for Christmas but I got it early. It's Natibaby red cats. :lol:

I love the rainbow colours!

My parents are getting us some cheese, which might sound strange, but no one does cheese like the British and man do I miss proper strong cheddar cheese when I'm not in the UK. My mum has also got me a bunch of other stuff as she loves Christmas and goes crazy with the presents.

My partner got me two books on cats, one a book of diseases and conditions that affect cats and how to tend to them while you wait for veterinary care (very useful as I work at a cat shelter), and a book on how to train your cat, which is going to be hilarious! I hope our cat likes training!

My parents are getting us new heating. We recently bought a house in a village without gas, and the house didn't have any heating when we bought it. So for a year we've had temporary heating, they're paying for us to have permanent heating installed :happydance:

My OH has got me some clothes that I know of and a red blender to go with my red kettle!! Lol. The rest are all surprises. I mainly want to know what he's got me from DD.

Then it's my birthday 2 weeks after Christmas and I have no idea what I'm getting for that. Hoping for a new phone as mine is starting to play up.

DH got me a kitchen aid :D I've been wanting one forever! We also rented a vacation house on the beach in North Carolina for 2 weeks in August, it will be our first family vacation! I'm so excited!!!

Attachments

• kitchenaid.jpg
    kitchenaid.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 3
My husband does not have a great track record with presents. :haha: He tries hard, but just somehow always misses the mark slightly. I have given lots of suggestions, but the other night he was like "If I get something you've suggested, then it's like you're giving yourself a present!". :dohh: So hopefully he finds something.

I think my mother is getting me vouchers for my hair/facial/massage/etc.

Thought I'd try and distract myself from the baby fever!

I have asked OH to buy me a selection of vouchers - I'd like to spend them in the January sales on nice things for our honeymoon. So I've asked for Accessorize and Next and he can use his imagination for the rest!

My parents have got me a ticket to see the Lion King at the Edinburgh Playhouse in January so looking forward to that! We've planned a girly night out for that night!

X

We went to see the Lion King for our mini moon and LOVED it!

As for Santa,he's bringing me a Louis Vuitton bag I've been eyeing up for ages! And some baking utensils :happydance:

My parents are getting us some cheese, which might sound strange, but no one does cheese like the British and man do I miss proper strong cheddar cheese when I'm not in the UK. My mum has also got me a bunch of other stuff as she loves Christmas and goes crazy with the presents.

My partner got me two books on cats, one a book of diseases and conditions that affect cats and how to tend to them while you wait for veterinary care (very useful as I work at a cat shelter), and a book on how to train your cat, which is going to be hilarious! I hope our cat likes training!

I think cheese is an amazing pressie! I would definitely miss it if I couldn't get it! Happy cat training!

My parents are getting us new heating. We recently bought a house in a village without gas, and the house didn't have any heating when we bought it. So for a year we've had temporary heating, they're paying for us to have permanent heating installed :happydance:

My OH has got me some clothes that I know of and a red blender to go with my red kettle!! Lol. The rest are all surprises. I mainly want to know what he's got me from DD.

Then it's my birthday 2 weeks after Christmas and I have no idea what I'm getting for that. Hoping for a new phone as mine is starting to play up.

Heating is an awesome present! It'll make such a difference to your lives. Hope you get your phone!

DH got me a kitchen aid :D I've been wanting one forever! We also rented a vacation house on the beach in North Carolina for 2 weeks in August, it will be our first family vacation! I'm so excited!!!

I'm adding one of these to our wedding gift list - I love baking and I think if I had one it would encourage me to do it some more! So easy!

My husband does not have a great track record with presents. :haha: He tries hard, but just somehow always misses the mark slightly. I have given lots of suggestions, but the other night he was like "If I get something you've suggested, then it's like you're giving yourself a present!". :dohh: So hopefully he finds something.

I think my mother is getting me vouchers for my hair/facial/massage/etc.

My OH isn't the best either! Sometimes he is really fantastic but other times he is awful! Our first Christmas together I got a gorgeous Tiffany bracelet and I plan to wear it on our wedding day. Last year however, I got a hideous purple handbag - I love purple, I love handbags but this was just something I wouldn't pick or use. Just not me. So he has been warned to stick to my pointers this year!!

Thought I'd try and distract myself from the baby fever!

I have asked OH to buy me a selection of vouchers - I'd like to spend them in the January sales on nice things for our honeymoon. So I've asked for Accessorize and Next and he can use his imagination for the rest!

My parents have got me a ticket to see the Lion King at the Edinburgh Playhouse in January so looking forward to that! We've planned a girly night out for that night!

X

We went to see the Lion King for our mini moon and LOVED it!

As for Santa,he's bringing me a Louis Vuitton bag I've been eyeing up for ages! And some baking utensils :happydance:

I'm so glad you had a great time at the Lion King! I can't wait! You're a lucky girl, Louis Vuitton <3

I'm adding one of these to our wedding gift list - I love baking and I think if I had one it would encourage me to do it some more! So easy!

I love my stand mixer :) it is SOOO much easier to use than a hand mixer or mixing it all by hand.

DH and I the last couple of years have been bad about giving each other our presents early...

This year he got an iPad, and I got a heated jacket (I love it! it has been very helpful these past couple weeks with -20 + windchill making it in the -30 to -40 range).

From my parents I got some sweaters, a cross stitch, and a couple unknowns (I haven't been able to tell what they are yet). I think I may have a new alarm clock and some fabric to make some baby stuff with. My brother got me some pjs, seems to be what I get every year from him (with my moms help picking them out and what not)

I love my stand mixer :) it is SOOO much easier to use than a hand mixer or mixing it all by hand.

I got a kitchen aid for my birthday and everyone laughed with comments about killing their husband if they were bought a kitchen appliance. It's my fav present so far :thumbup: I might suggest the pasta attachment for my birthday next year!

I got a kitchen aid for my birthday and everyone laughed with comments about killing their husband if they were bought a kitchen appliance. It's my fav present so far :thumbup: I might suggest the pasta attachment for my birthday next year!

I love getting kitchen appliances as presents, most years I'll ask for one. Although I'm still waiting on my coffee maker. Will definitely be asking for a stand mixer (in red) one of these years! Lol.

dh got me a kitchen aid :d i've been wanting one forever! We also rented a vacation house on the beach in north carolina for 2 weeks in august, it will be our first family vacation! I'm so excited!!!

jealous!!!

Yes, and the best thing about the kitchen aid is they are built to last! My great grandmother said her 20 yr old one is still just as good as when she first bought it, and my aunt, who's had one for 13 yrs now said the same thing. I was looking at all the attachments too, DH said he also got the meat grinder attachment for me, though I am pretty sure he mostly bought that part for himself :haha:

We have had to set a £20 limit on each other - we have paid off a lot of debt (well, we didn't have tonnes of debt but what we did have is gone, lol) and we have moved into a nee flat so had to spend on furniture this year too, plus the car is needing a lot done to it. I'm expecting we will go slightly over though. I'm hoping for new jammies! Hopefully some bath things too. Those are usually my best presents.
My parents got us our dog as an early Christmas present, although I already know they have got me a few little extras - a cosy jumper and my favourite perfume. There will no doubt be some housey things in there too!
Tbh, I feel pretty awkward about getting presents since I have the highest salary of both my parents and my boyfriend - I LOVE giving and the whole Christmas experience though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->