what are you going to buy/bought first?

callmedan

Reaction score
me and oh are going to orlando right before TTC so we are planning to pick up some things there, clothes that you cant get in the uk and maybe some baby converse! not going to go overboard (well i say that now!!) though just a few bits :)
have you bought anything yet or what are you going to buy first?

Hmm. I already have a baby stuff wish list on amazon. Basically a list of stuff to transfer to a baby shower registry. I don't know what we would buy first! Hubby would probably want to buy something Disney, since he is totally Disney obsessed. Gosh. Maybe a cute outfit? For a girl, probably a Sleeping Beauty dress. Knowing my in-laws, I highly doubt that we will have to buy much of anything for the baby :p. They enjoy spending money on us, and my MIL is totally ready to be a grandma. Especially if we end up having a girl (Hubby is 1 of 4 boys!), we will have anything we need lol. They are really amazingly generous people.

I don't plan on buying anything until I'm pregnant - and probably not until after 12 weeks. My one big expense will be the pram - I really want a Silver Cross Kensington pram (I love the Balmoral, but they are quite impractical - I could get the Kensington in the boot of my car). From the Silver Cross website, they are about £1,200ish, plus the rain cover and sun parasol are extra (can't remember the price now) - I think some shops sell them cheaper - so I would want to get that nice and early when I'm not worrying too much about money.

My mum would also want to buy loads, I'm sure. She has no grandchildren and has been ready for years - she has been pestering me for ages to have a baby.

I haven't bought anything very practical, but when we travel, I try to buy one thing for my future LO's nursery in each country (and I try to get things that can transition to a big girl/boy room a little later) My favourite so far is the handmade baby quilt I got last year in Cambodia!

I havent bought anything yet, but when I start TTC, I will probably start buying little things like onesies, blankets, and other random small things that are on sale. I won't start getting big stuff until somewhere around 20 weeks. Besides, I'm not too fond of gender neutral clothes and bedding and everything, so I will wait until I know the gender to get the big stuff.

I probably won't buy anything until I find out the gender of baby #2 when I have my mid-pregnancy ultrasound after I get pregnant, so it's going to be a while yet, haha.

If we end up having another boy I'll probably just re-use a lot of the things that we have for DS, so we wouldn't need to buy much other than new baby clothes since we've given all of our newborn clothes to my cousin (she's due with a boy at the end of this month) and we will need sizes in different weather appropriate outfits anyway since we would like to have a spring or summer baby and DS was an early fall baby.

However, if we end up with a girl I would love to go out and buy all new girly things for her. :D

I've been looking at things online for a little while and me and OH walked through Mothercare at the weekend and he was interested in looking at some bits. I showed him the pram I already know I want and told him he could pick the colour lol (well, I was trying to sell it to him as well, we won't get it if he really doesn't like it).

I don't think I will actually buy anything though until well into pregnancy, my Mum was very superstitious and although I don't consider myself to be some of it must have rubbed off on me because I don't feel comfortable having a lot of baby bits too early. Having already had a baby as well I think we might wait until the baby is here to get a lot of things and just get the bare necessities while I'm pregnant because with my DS I had everything before he was born including things like highchairs and the bigger car seats they go into later on and a lot of the big things were replaced including all his nursery furniture because once I had him I changed my mind or they just didn't work for us.

It's so tempting to get things though when I see really good deals on things. I'm not sure if we're going to find out the gender this time either so I can see us saving money up while pregnant and doing a big shop once baby is born.

I've been 'window shopping' on the internet for years! Lol... I think I'll buy a cloth nappy first, too cute to resist for much longer. We don't have a TTC date but I'm starting to wonder if a few cute teeny items dropping through the letter box might give him a prod...

aww some great ideas, making me want to go and flash my credit card in mamas and papas!
haha squashy what a good idea!

Today at Target I bought a onesie for a newborn girl.It was only $5 and I couldn't resist. :blush: A few weeks ago I bought some baby stuff at Wal-Mart.

I've already bought a newborn Superman onesie :D I'm still hoping for a boy, but if I have a girl, I'll just buy a Wonder Woman one or something

I haven't really put a whole lot of thought into it, but I think the first thing I would probably buy my future little one will be their first teddy bear. I still have mine that was bought for me when I was born and I loved that little guy so much as I grew up! Plus it would be a nice little reminder I could set out while TTC or any point before the baby arrives that strikes that sentimental chord with me of what's to come :)

Omg azureorchid that is so cute! I have a purple hippo named Tulip from when I was in the hospital at 4 with chicken pox. I love her so much. I think a dumbo stuffy would be adorable :p

anyone got any ideas on places to buy cute colourful neutral baby clothes? everywhere i look seems to be white and beige!

When I was pregnant with my son the first thing I bought was a white sleepsuit, vest, hat, mitten and booties set :)

This time round... I don't really know! A big brother t-shirt? :haha:

anyone got any ideas on places to buy cute colourful neutral baby clothes? everywhere i look seems to be white and beige!

I bought a yellow onesie with animals on it at Wal-Mart a few weeks ago.

Don't know about the UK, but in Australia the department stores usually have a wide range of colours. Big W, K-Mart and Target are great places to find them.

I might buy something little after my 12 week scan but everything else wi be left untill after 24 weeks.

I bought a yellow onesie with animals on it at Wal-Mart a few weeks ago.

Don't know about the UK, but in Australia the department stores usually have a wide range of colours. Big W, K-Mart and Target are great places to find them.

cute! well like i said in the original post im off to the states in april just before ttc so will have a look then! thanks ladies :flower:

Callmedan - I guess you could try online then?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"