What are you having, what were your symptoms?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Second Trimester' started by Romybug, Aug 27, 2009.

1. Romybug

Romybug Me, hubby and baby....

Hello ladies. i hope you are doing fantastic! :) Im dying to find out the sex of my baby. I know i still have quite a way to go before i can know but for interest sake could those of you who know please share your symptoms and cravings etc with me. Would love to compare them with mine and guess.... Anybody up for it?? Please? :hugs:

2. new mummy h

new mummy h First little princess!!!!

i wont find out for another 2 weeks!! got a strange feeling its going to be a little girl - no idea why!!

ive not had any cravings!! although my husband thinks he's got my cravings as he cant get enough hummus and he didnt even like the stuff!! lol

I seriously went off curries tho bleugh!! i cud usually eat them 5 days a week, i think ive had 2 since April!! lol

3. EMYJC

EMYJC Cautiously expecting No 2

I had a nuchal scan at 12 weeks and consultant says he is 90% certain I am having a boy! :)

My symptoms have been- extreme tiredness, spots on chin and back, greasy skin and hair, quick growing nails, very sore boobs but they have only gone up one cup size, my wee looks bright yellow (sorry if tmi!) and I have been craving dark cocoa solid chocolate, cheese and strawberry jam! x Oh god, how could I forget to mention I have been throwing up on and off too from 8 weeks up until now. From 8 weeks was 24/7 sick and nausea, now the odd day thank god!

4. new mummy h

all at the same time!?lol

5. EMYJC

Ha ha, more or less! lol. Nah, when I fancy a nibble on something its a bit of bread covered in jam, or the choccie. Cheese seems to be added to everything I eat at teatime x

6. toseland13

toseland13 Well-Known Member

im having a girl:cloud9:

i had spots on my face, headaches,craving pastry and crusty bread,and salty crisps erm cant think of anything else lol sorry :flower: my boobs were sore too but think thats a general symptom

7. new mummy h

i love cheese!! but i dont think its agreeing with me at the moment downstairs lol! havent eaten much this week - tryin to be good!!:cry:

8. Middysquidge

Middysquidge Two girls and a manfriend

I'm having a girl and my symptoms defie all the old wives tales! I had no morning sickness at all, just slight nausea when hungry, extreme tiredness, fast growing hair and nails, no spots, constipation, craving salt and vinegar, spicy foods, ginger beer. Later on: out of breath, leg cramps, indigestion and carrying baby low down and neat. Hope that helps! x

9. JessdueJan

JessdueJan Single Mam to 3 & 2 Whippets

I am team blue :happydance: 19 weeks 4 days and have had :

severe morning sickness (I read evrywhere that this was more common when carrying a girl tho)

craving cheese and orange juice

spots on face for first 18 weeks that are gradually clearing up now

Constant tiredness and aching feeling

10. Middysquidge

Middysquidge Two girls and a manfriend

Oh yeah and I completely went off and still am my fave food cheese! Cheese and onions crisps and creamy things like milk, cup of soups etc x

11. EMYJC

I couldnt live without cheese! :) Hope it agrees with you again soon! x

12. dani_tinks

dani_tinks Mum to one of each

Ahh I want to know what i'm having. I feel like its a boy but have two weeks till my scan!!! ahhh.
    I've gone off curries, been sick since day one, spots on tummy/face and my back. Fast growing thick hair, long nails, really really sore boobs, went off fish. craving jaffa cakes, crisps with tomato puree on top and mugs of gravy!! lol
    :)

13. Buffy71

Buffy71 Mummy to Harriet!

Hello honey - I tried and tried this when I was waiting to find out - but symptoms are just pregnancy symptoms and cross over on the sexes. You'll just have to wait and seeeeeeeee (heehee!!). :haha: :muaha::headspin::yipee::wohoo:

14. Romybug

Romybug Me, hubby and baby....

Thanks ladies... very interesting! So far i have had awful morning, afternoon and evening sickness, my boobs havent really been sore. I was craving chocolate at about week 9 and all i was eating was straberry jam on toast. Now im loving strawberry milkshake and strawberry pops (cereal)???? I have gone off any cooked food what so ever! My skin is fine, i dont usually get spots and so far have had none. My hair is not oily. My nails have grown very fast though!

I wonder if all these old wives tales are true? thanks for sharing your symptoms... they seem mixed for boys and girls so it seems my chances are 50/50... Im secretly hoping for a girl :)

15. nervouspains

nervouspains Love being a Wife & Mummy

Oooh I have had a mixture of all these symptoms! lol
    Hmmm well I guess I have got a 50/50 chance :rofl: xx

16. EMYJC

Exactly, on the old wives tales my symptoms seemed to point more toward girl, but I am most likely with boy. I hoped for a girl, but am now really happy it's prob a boy x

17. Christine1993

Christine1993 Full-time mummy to Aidan

Im having a little boy :D i craved cheese for a while (i never use to like it now its a god send) and i couldnt go a day without fresh orange juice!! :) x

18. bookgirl76

bookgirl76 Member

We're having a little girl :pink: and i had the following which some have told me is related to that:

- nausea 24/7 for first tri (but no actual vomiting)
    - complete aversion to meat or meat smells
    - acne which I haven't had since i was 15
    - no first trimester fatigue at all

Cravings were for dairy (yoghurt, ice cream, cheese) but that may be more related to the nausea:winkwink: and weirdly (for me at least) went off all chocolate except for Cadbury's dairy milk

19. RaeEW89

RaeEW89 Waiting on my little girl

Im having a boy, and Ive been craving protein rich foods, like meat, cheese, fish. That kind of stuff, I havent felt like eating sweets they've made me sick. My favorite thing right now is pepperoni sandwiches, lol. That could be why Ive gained so much weight. Spots early on, but have gotten waaay better, I think I look better now then I did pre- BFP. Really sick, not just the morning, but aaaallll day long, but have only thrown up 2 times.

20. Try Rocking

Try Rocking Mommy to Amira and Remy

I'm having a girl, I had some issues with nausea at the beginning but only threw up 3 times in my mouth (gross).
    Baby loves steak but the thought of pork (even now) makes me want to gag.
    All about the sweets.
    Boobs are still sore, although like someone else said, that's a normal side effect of pregnancy.
    Extremely tired!

*edit* some acne early on