What are you ladies planning on wearing for labour/delivery?

L

LilMiss_91

Might sound like an odd question but I was just wondering if you had thought/planned out what you were going to wear? I would really love a water birth but I HATE being exposed amd I just think that at a time when I'm going to be feeling at my most vulnerable anyway, I hate the idea of only being in a bra/bikini top. It probably sounds really silly but do you think I would be allowed to keep a t shirt or something on for a water birth?

I'm sure they'll let you have a t-shirt, I can't see why not :)

I'm having my baby on dry land (lol) and plan on just wearing the hospital gowns throughout. I really don't want to get my own clothes dirty.

I have a hospital water birth planned and plan on wearing a bra, and bought a cheap black vest top for £3.50 from tesco for being in the tub. I wanted to keep my maternity tops for when I get out of hospital and still have a belly. xx

You can wear whatever you like but I promise that you will get fed up with a heavy wet t-shirt but it is totally up to you! Your midwives will not care at all, I plan on just being naked. Often women find that being in the water does make them feel less exposed even when they are naked so hopefully that will work for you. X

Thankyou ladies :) I hope they will let me wear something like that. I absolutely hate hospital gowns so I'd rather no wear one unless I have to. They make me feel really claustrophobic for some reason. Also my sister or possibly my mum will be in the room and I'd really rather not "bare all" in front of either of them :haha:
I'll probably go into Primark and buy a cheapie vest or something nearer the time :)

I'm sure they'll let you wear a t-shirt, and just whip it off for skin to skin once Lo is born :). I think I wore a nightdress or t-shirt for labour with DS (had him on the bed) but I can't remember! I'd planned to have a water birth and wear a bikini top. This time if I get to have a water birth I'll probably just go naked :).

I'm sure they'll let you wear a t-shirt, and just whip it off for skin to skin once Lo is born :). I think I wore a nightdress or t-shirt for labour with DS (had him on the bed) but I can't remember! I'd planned to have a water birth and wear a bikini top. This time if I get to have a water birth I'll probably just go naked :).

Haha I'm feeling more relieved by the minute! I've been getting myself all worked up about. I think I almost expected them to rip my clothes off and insist on total nudity :haha: I feel a bit silly!
I'll definitely be having skin to skin when bubs is here but I'm planning on kicking out my 2nd birthing partner shortly after the birth and having a couple of hours alone time with it just being me, OH and bubs :)

Haha I'm feeling more relieved by the minute! I've been getting myself all worked up about. I think I almost expected them to rip my clothes off and insist on total nudity :haha: I feel a bit silly!
I'll definitely be having skin to skin when bubs is here but I'm planning on kicking out my 2nd birthing partner shortly after the birth and having a couple of hours alone time with it just being me, OH and bubs :)

:haha: can you imagine! They must be used to women wanting to labour in all sorts of clothes, and women who just want to strip off (you can get sooo hot in labour!), I'm sure that unless it is causing them issues with checking you (which a t-shirt wouldn't) they will be happy to let you wear what you're comfortable in! :)

:haha: can you imagine! They must be used to women wanting to labour in all sorts of clothes, and women who just want to strip off (you can get sooo hot in labour!), I'm sure that unless it is causing them issues with checking you (which a t-shirt wouldn't) they will be happy to let you wear what you're comfortable in! :)

Haha it would be funny if they actually did! They seem to enjoy making you uncomfortable with lots of poking and prodding so what would be one more discomfort?!
I hope so :) I see my midwife next Monday so I might talk to her about it just to fully put my mind at ease :) if I end up stripping off then so be it, but I'd rather start off covered up a bit! :blush:

I planned on wearing a t-shirt/bra when I had my son, but ended up completely naked anyway, haha.

Most of the women I know (but not all) who've had water births have worn a tankini or sports bra type top while in the pool. Do what's comfy!

I have plans this time again for a big t-shirt/nightie, but when the time hits we'll see what I actually want and go from there. :)

I'm just wearing a big stretchy night dress. I'm not having a water birth, so a big nighty means it can be whipped up for delivery, and whipped down to cover modesty xxx

I'm just wearing a big stretchy night dress. I'm not having a water birth, so a big nighty means it can be whipped up for delivery, and whipped down to cover modesty xxx

People keep telling that once I reach that stage I just won't care anymore but I would at least like to start off on the provisio that I WILL care and if I don't, then so be it! :haha: I've got a lot of long, stretchy Primark t shirts I bought specially when I started growing so I might opt for one of those :)

I have a longish sleeping tshirt that I got from penneys for the occasion, cost barely anything. It's really soft and above the knees, and I'm really fond of it (sort of hope because it's dark i can remove whatever horrific stains get on it during the birth). I tried it on today and it can still accommodate my big bump. This is not for a water birth but you could totally wear a tshirt or tank top if that makes you more comfortable.

I went to my water birth class last night and she said to wear something tight fitting over bump. Tank top/sports bra/bikini top.

Ive bought a size 18/20 pyjama tank top (in a size 14!) to wear in my pool at home.

I went to my water birth class last night and she said to wear something tight fitting over bump. Tank top/sports bra/bikini top.

Ive bought a size 18/20 pyjama tank top (in a size 14!) to wear in my pool at home.

A water birth class? Did you have to find that off your own back? My midwife has arranged normal antenatal classes but hasn't mentioned anything about specific water birth classes. I don't know if maybe that's because they can't guarantee me a water birth maybe?

With my last labour I bought a cheap primark nightie tshirt to wear during labour, never ended up wearing it. Went into hospital in a black vest and joggers and just ended up whipping the joggers off! I'm considering a water birth this time so if I do i'll be taking a bikini top to wear. Will probs take an old tshirt again just incase. x x

A water birth class? Did you have to find that off your own back? My midwife has arranged normal antenatal classes but hasn't mentioned anything about specific water birth classes. I don't know if maybe that's because they can't guarantee me a water birth maybe?

I saw a poster at my 20 week scan in the maternity unit reception. I called the number & booked myself on.

It was really good, talk all through being in water, delivering in water than showed us the pool.

I'm not delivering there (Homebirth hopeful!) but the class was useful. The pool & low risk rooms were tiny!!

I've decided against water birth (as I want epidural) but when I was thinking of it I was planning on wearing a tankini top with a tankini skirt- which would cover modesty right through to birth! Something along these lines:

https://prettyimpress.com/discount-...le-length-sleeveless-elastic-satin-dress.html

I hate the though of being naked from waist down!

For normal birth- I'm planning on wearing a just above the knee button down nightdress x

I saw a poster at my 20 week scan in the maternity unit reception. I called the number & booked myself on.

It was really good, talk all through being in water, delivering in water than showed us the pool.

I'm not delivering there (Homebirth hopeful!) but the class was useful. The pool & low risk rooms were tiny!!

Oh ok, I'll make a point of asking the midwife on Monday as they never have anything interesting like that around whenever I've been to the hospital for ultrasounds lol but she may know of any classes going on :). It sounds like it would useful though :)

I've decided against water birth (as I want epidural) but when I was thinking of it I was planning on wearing a tankini top with a tankini skirt- which would cover modesty right through to birth! Something along these lines:

https://prettyimpress.com/discount-...le-length-sleeveless-elastic-satin-dress.html

I hate the though of being naked from waist down!

For normal birth- I'm planning on wearing a just above the knee button down nightdress x

I'm glad I'm not the only one not liking the idea of being all nakey :haha:

I'm just going to wear a bump band on my boobs. Bras are too restricting and t-shirts too hot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->