what are you spending your mat grant on?

I dont get this till lo is born (as I'll be on the high element of ctc then) and am planning to use it as part of rent deposit x

I dont get this till lo is born (as I'll be on the high element of ctc then) and am planning to use it as part of rent deposit x

why dont you get it till LO is born. the health in pregnancy grant is only given out in pregnancy. they wouldn't normally give it out after the birth!

I just wish we had a maternity grant here in the US. I could sure use a little extra money for the baby at the moment. Times are tough right now.

I'm using on maternity leave have put it in a savings account with all my other savings.

Get all the pennies you can we dont get much as it is!!

We atarting to spend it tomorrow :D

Mine's going on a new tyre for my car :)()and a changing table for our baby :D

SLIPPERS !! I need & must have slippers lol

I've got most of what i need for baby but just need to make up numbers on certain things, I need some maternity bits for me ie bras, nighties, knickers for after birth & the likes.
Gonna get extra nappies & wipes whilst i can, bottles for expressing, & some sheets for cotbed & moses. I'll also be buying some xmas presents for joshua & just 1 or 2 bits for bump for xmas as he'll have everything anyway :)

I'm lucky enough to have been given a few of the biggers bits so that is saving me alot of money.

We paid to have the hall, stairs & bedroom carpet replaced :) We have spent money on baby so really it doesn't matter which way around we did it, we needed things doing before LO arrived and this happened to come at the right time to get the carpet done :)
x x x x

Just thinking i got confused and didnt reply what i spent it on LOL

Yes i did get it thanks for telling me though :) Spent it on lots of useful things like muslin cloths and sleeping bagsx

I jsut got back from spending mine!!... I cannot believe how far our money went and still have some left over for nursing bras!

I bought pjs -some black on annas advice..I love ASDA, baby wash, sanitry pads, 2 fitted ed sheets for us and pillow cases.

Bought some new knickers so I can wear old ones throught hem ahve nice new ones when ready!! A couple of nursing tops, 4 christmas presnts for baby-boots had some very silly offers on clearance toys, my fave was from ELC a Dillon the DOnkey :D

Erm we bought the what to expec tin first year on reccommendation here, all our christmas cards and birthday cards for until March, more aby wipes-think we have enough for 6 months!!!

Erm moses basket sheets, some jacket potatoes :D ooo and my fave was a great big pink stripey fluffy dressing gown so i have 2 one to be washed one to be thrown up on which looks like someone has skinned bagpuss from TK Maxx..

It was like christmas and there was noooo guilt whatso ever..Oh and we bought a meal deal for lunch as worked up an appetite with all the shopping and and and went to the library adn got out a daddys guide to babies and a couple fo others to rummage thru.

My back hurts now though!!!!
Hope your all ok I will calm down soon!!

Sounds like a good haul to me!! I want to go shopping now! Hehe. I just tucked my grant into my savings account for now and will add it to my other grant when i get it so will have lots of money to spend :-D

Though not sure what to spend it on as already have moses basket, crib and cot (all my sisters old ones) and just need to get a pram really. What else do i need? (got millions of nappies, baby wipes, clothes etc)

Sounds like a good haul to me!! I want to go shopping now! Hehe. I just tucked my grant into my savings account for now and will add it to my other grant when i get it so will have lots of money to spend :-D

Though not sure what to spend it on as already have moses basket, crib and cot (all my sisters old ones) and just need to get a pram really. What else do i need? (got millions of nappies, baby wipes, clothes etc)

blankets?s sheets, few bits for you...i like the idea of having nice new knickers after my body had settled down and also the dressing gown on those cold nights doing a feed. The advice from Anna she said have some black jim jam bottoms as it hides any leeeks in hosp after birth which i htought was good point! It is HIP so cannot feel guilty about buying things for hospi bag and after if its going to keep you more comfortable when LO arrives. I came to conclusion that we wont have money for ourselves or as much for a long time so a couple of bits now will not hurt! xxx

Oh and u could get LO christms prezzie its soo much fun in ELC and other shops although the toys are not cheap nearly fell over...think NCT sale may be in order!

Whats left we are buying our car seat base we have jsut decided

we bought the nursery set, a steriliser, a chest of drawers for the nursery & a couple of other little bits x

i got mine yesterday and went straight to the place i have ordered the pram and payed it off so that was the remainder i had left which was 330, i also bought 6 new bottles tommy tippy, a new mattress for the Moses basket and nappies and wipes, that was pretty much most of it gone, oh and 6 new baby grows and 6 vests and a pack of 10 bibs!! lol xx

I plan on keeping mine and adding it to the CTF when we get our voucher for that. Hopefully it will amount to something for the wee one when she gets to 18!

I jsut got back from spending mine!!... I cannot believe how far our money went and still have some left over for nursing bras!

I bought pjs -some black on annas advice..I love ASDA, baby wash, sanitry pads, 2 fitted ed sheets for us and pillow cases.

Bought some new knickers so I can wear old ones throught hem ahve nice new ones when ready!! A couple of nursing tops, 4 christmas presnts for baby-boots had some very silly offers on clearance toys, my fave was from ELC a Dillon the DOnkey :D

Erm we bought the what to expec tin first year on reccommendation here, all our christmas cards and birthday cards for until March, more aby wipes-think we have enough for 6 months!!!

Erm moses basket sheets, some jacket potatoes :D ooo and my fave was a great big pink stripey fluffy dressing gown so i have 2 one to be washed one to be thrown up on which looks like someone has skinned bagpuss from TK Maxx..

It was like christmas and there was noooo guilt whatso ever..Oh and we bought a meal deal for lunch as worked up an appetite with all the shopping and and and went to the library adn got out a daddys guide to babies and a couple fo others to rummage thru.

My back hurts now though!!!!
Hope your all ok I will calm down soon!!

Well done Jem - That sounds like my kind of shopping!!
xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->