What are you wearing for the birth...?

I had to have an emergency c-section last time so this time I plan on just a nighty and then some loose silky trousers and strappy top for afterwards.

Both times I've just worn what I was wearing to labour in, the first time it was loose bottoms and t shirt, the second time it was a dress and leggings as it was Christmas Day! It's not been a problem, it's nice to have a plan but I honestly didn't care. I packed a nice loose outfit to wear after my shower which was the main thing for me!

Both previous labours i just wore a nightie. Just cheap ones from primark, the biggest size i could get so it was nice and baggy and loose. Threw them away after as they were a bit manky and didn't really want to take them home to wash.

I've been wondering this too. For those who wore a nightie - why did you choose that?

I don't own a nightie and wondering if I should be buying one?

I've been wondering this too. For those who wore a nightie - why did you choose that?

I don't own a nightie and wondering if I should be buying one?

Because it's as loose and baggy as you want and obviously your bottom half is covered whilst still being accessible lol

I always take a nighty but also end up naked too! 😂

I will be taking a nightie again this time but I am pretty sure I will probably just end up naked again :dohh: :blush:

I wore a black nightie with buttons all down the front the first time and my bra and a long black top that covered my bum the second time. I started off with loose trousers too but lost them at some point. For me anything touching my skin had to be soft and comfy but I was happy to stay some what covered.

I believe I was wearing a long night t-shirt from Walmart with a few buttons on top for easy boob and skin-to-skin access. I definitely didn't end up naked even though yes, modesty does go out the window. It has to especially at the pushing stage lol

I didn't have anything specific planned for labour but ended up wearing a summer top, bra and skirt.
By the time I got to the hospital I didn't care what I was wearing. I had a lovely midwife who gave me a hospital gown as it was lose over my body. I honestly didn't really care. I was so hot. And had back to back contractions. I'm usually quite reserved but prefered to be naked. Perhaps I'll try to bring something this time. We'll see.

I was still in my normal clothes for second as baby arrived so quickly. My top and my bra got blood on when I was given the baby so I would wear something old that you aren't bothered about ruining!

First one I had a hospital gown.

Hi
Thanks for all the suggestions. Just wanted to update and say I wore pjs and cardi when i was on the ward and got up to 8cm dilated. When I got to delivery I stripped off to a long(ish) vest top with poppers and to be honest didn't care!!!
Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->