What are you wishing/hoping for?

Cppeace

My Guy and tons of pets
Reaction score
For some fun and to help pass the time in our two week waits let's share what you are hoping your future child(ren) may inherit from you or you OH.

I'll start:

I'm 5'7" my guy is 6'3" so any child of our would likely be tall.
A child from us could have brown, blonde or red hair.
They would almost definitely have blue or green eyes.
They could be creative in art, writing or engineering.
They could be athletic.
They would hopefully love animals as much as us.
They would grow up playing nerdy games and thus likely become as nerdy as us.

I hope for a boy more than a girl but would love either.
Hoping for a farmy, nature lover of a funny child.

How about you?

Oh fun! Of course, I'll be happy however my future children turn out, but for fun:

My OH is 6ft3 and I'm 5ft2, so anything can go height wise.
I have very dark brown/almost black hair and my OH has blue eyes so it would be cool to see the dark hair with the light eyes mix. I've always wanted that myself!
A love for the arts, sciences, reading, and baseball.
An animal lover as pets would be a big part of their life.
A love for gaming, both video and tabletop, as the house is full of them.
Not afraid to be themselves even if they're geeky, quiet, or outgoing.
An appreciation for outdoors so we can go hiking and stargazing together.
A great sense of humor, able to joke, but also able to stand up for themselves.

Hoping for a well-rounded child, who can laugh and have fun, be themselves, and sticks up for the little guy... or animal.

Both my partner and I are introverted and we already discussed coming out of our comfort zones if our child is extroverted because we don't want to hold them back. I also look forward to passing down the family's recipes and cooking early with them, just like I got to do with my mom.

Yep Ducky, I'd love to teach my kid(s)to cook as well. Just like my mom taught me. :)

I would but at the time I'm reading this now, I'm not in a happy state to be thinking of future children, that I will probably never have...maybe another time when I feel more hopeful, and myself.

Hubby is just under 6ft. I'm 5"5 so I expect anywhere from 5"3 to 7" (both sides have family members close too if not just over).
I'm of English, Irish, Scottish and Welsh decent (German and Australian as well but I think the strong genes of the Great Britain would win out as hubby is part Scottish) but would love a little red-head.
Green eyes run on both side but have yet to win the jackpot.
I have 3 sons so would LOVE a girl.
Hair color aside, beautiful little ringlets like my eldest son did except this time we won't have to cut it and loose them.
Compassion towards all living things.
Emotional is okay. Means she would care deeply.
Not so much geeky but not afraid of aspiring to be something amazing in life.
Gaming is a given - me, hubby and our eldest 2 are. Will only be a matter of time before DS3 follows suite.
Sensible and thinks before she opens her mouth (unlike her mother).
Not afraid to give anything a go.
A junior World Champion for our local Kyokoshin Karate Dojo (will follow in her brother's footsteps in that respect).

AND:

To be proud of their sexuality regardless of their orientation!! Self-acceptance and respect is a must!

:hugs: canadian. I understand.

Wacky that sounds great. Me and my guy have almost identical genes to what you are describing. We are primarily western European with a touch of Nordic thrown in. :)

Oooh fun!

I'm totally happy with who ever shows up, but my fiancé would definitely like a boy. He's one of 7 kids, 6 of them were boys, and so far his mom only has granddaughters.

I'm about 5'7" and he's 6'1", so kiddos will probably be tall.
Both have green eyes - would love for that to carry over.
There's a lot of red hair in my family, so would love to see that as well.
I'd love for them to be creative and curious - I think we all start out that way, though.
I'm a designer and he's an accountant, so interests could really go in any direction! But they won't have much of choice in being a dog lover, since both our pups ADORE small children.

My fiancé and I are both pretty into astrology, and were really hoping we'd conceive in time for a Capricorn baby (since that seems like a really good fit for us) but it didn't work out that time. If it works out this time we'll be welcoming a little Pisces, like both his and my mama!

Great way to pass the time!

Hey Gemini. With both of you having green eyes your odds are almost 100% to get a green eyed child. The only real way you won't is a double recessive in most cases.

Overall sounds great :)

I'm fairly into Astrology myself. A Pisces would get on better with my Cancer guy than Aquarian me.

Wacky that sounds great. Me and my guy have almost identical genes to what you are describing. We are primarily western European with a touch of Nordic thrown in. :)

Nordic? As in Vikings? That could be an interesting twist on your genes. :)

Funny thing is, I'm a redhead myself so I can't understand why I haven't had one yet. Apparently it seems to miss the redhead generation so the redheads of this generation won't have redheads themselves. Yeah, tell that to my 2 cousins and their 3 and 1 kids. Lol. But I told the midwife after the birth of my first son that if he was a redhead she could shove him back. Don't fancy a redheaded boy but a girl I would love. :)

No its just odds. You both have to carry the gene to pass it on and even then it's just a 1 in 4 shot every time. Red hair is one of those harder to get recessives,even with a red headed mom. Your kids likely have the gene though.

Red head is on both our sides as my baby sis is a red head, I get freckles fairly easy and my guy has red in his facial hair. So I'd say we have the 1 in 4 shot at it.

Yeah, my original Ancestors on dad's side were among the group who first decided to stay in England after all the viking raids. I know the original area they come from and the area the colonized in England. I've traced my lineage back as far as I can. In some lines it as far back as the 1200s.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->