What Are Your Birthing Plans??

Cut3ne55

Mummy to Evie
Reaction score
hey everyone!

Just thought seeing as we are all nearing the time of arrival for 2009 babies has anyone thought of or finalized their birth plans yet? Theres so much to think of!!! pain relief, active, delivering placenta?? xx

hello there! think i've finally pretty much decided on everything. The only thing i'm not sure of is the placenta delivery, to have it come out naturally or have the jab to help it along - all my friends who've had babies can;t recall what they did! Ive got a really open mind though and am planning on going with the flow and letting the midwives / docs do what they think is best with things i'm unsure on. xx

yea same here, i went to a pre birth info evening last night and they talked about delivering placenta etc and they said its best to have the injection cuz otherwise u start getting more contractions to deliver it and more likely of bleeding more afterwards. I want an active birth and think im gonna have an epidural, tried gas n air the other night and it made me feel all spacy and weird which i didnt like but maybe when im in pain i might like it lol x

Yeah Ive made my birth plan but Im happy to throw it out the window and go with the flow if needed, the only thing Im set on is I dont want an epidural or section unless mine or baby's life is at risk but then again if Im in labour for days on end I might go with the flow on that too!

mine is very simple -

*as natural as possible - help/intervention IF problems arise
*pethadine/gas & air as pain relief
* NO SPINAL/EPIDURAL (got non regnancy back problem so dont want)
*general anesethetic if c-section (see above about spinal)
*OH to cut cord if possible
*baby to be cleaned b4 giving to me
*vit k injection fine
*bottle feeding

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583