What are your fears?

Most of my fears are between now and birth.

~ I'm 34 and will be trying for #1 so I'm scared I'll have trouble getting pregnant, or won't get pregnant at all. I don't know what I'd do if I didn't get the chance to be a Mom.

~ I'm scared of doing something while pregnant to make me loose the baby or cause problems. We have a cattle ranch so I know I'll have to be super cautious about what I do and staying away from the meds. But I want to be as active as possible and not live in a bubble.

I have fears for once the baby is here, but I can't even think about them right now. Once I feel confident I have a healthy pregnancy, I'll start worrying about the other stuff.

I'm scared about all the same things mainly...having problems TTC, during pregnancy and birth, baby being healthy etc.

My main worry after all that, though, is having another terrible sleeper. My LO was an AWFUL sleeper, waking every 2 hours, minimum, for months and he still doesn't reliably sttn now even though we still co-sleep; it's just the way he's built. I expected broken sleep with a baby, and I know that in the scheme of things it's not a huge disaster, but I had no concept of how bad it would be or how long it would go on for, and to be honest it nearly broke me. I'm TERRIFIED of going back to that, but I figure we MUST be due a good sleeper next :winkwink: Plus, this time I'll have very low expectations where sleep is concerned :sleep:

I have some pretty normal worries, you know, that I'll have trouble conceiving, that we'll suddenly forget that babies need XYZ and we'll be terrible parents, etc. Here are some of my silly, irrational, and really not a big deal in the grand scheme, but that I always worry about:

1. Pooping on the table during labor/delivery
2. Refusing an epidural, then having a super terrible time during or right before pushing, and just giving up
3. Latching on in front of doctors and nurses
4. Not having enough privacy after delivery
5. Being ridiculously over-concerned with germs/food/whatever
6. That I'll be nervous to leave the baby with my husband (I've been involved with infants and toddlers for about 15 years, he never has been!)

- i wont be able to conceive
-if i do conceive,i will miscarry/ have a pre-term birth
-i will need a c section, or tear (witnessed my best friend tear, it took 2 attempts to stitch her up, and by then she almost needed a blood transfusion)
-I wont be a good mommy
- if i have a daughter she will inherit the endo. if i have a son, he will end up with the behavioral problems my brother has (adhd, conduct disorder and oppersistional defiance disorder -o.d.d-)
-my depression will interfere with the bonding process
-I wont be able to get him/her to latch on
-there will be no goodness in my milk (this happened while my mom was BF me, resulting in me having to be bottle fed by 3 months of age)
-that i wont have any support (not including you lovely ladies)

these are just the few fears i can think of off the top of my head. BUT, with it being #1, and the fact that -at this stage anyway- I will be a solo parent, i think a lot of these fears are reasonable.

I think my main fear is that I won't be a good parent. I'm forgetful, and unobservant - what if I forget them in the car on a hot day? Or don't notice they are unwell for too long before taking them to see anyone? Those are my worries.

My fears are
  • Having something wrong with the baby's health
  • Petrified that I will need an epidural after my cousin's horror story
  • That I will tear and need lots of stitches
  • That mil will take over. When I had my cousin's baby for the day she completely took over and even took the baby out of my arms while I was trying to get her to sleep :wacko:
  • That we won't be good parents
  • My main one - that I won't lose this weight and that we'll never get a :bfp: :cry:

We're waiting to try for our first so i think every aspect of conceiving and parenting is terrifying to me!

My most prominent are:

tearing horrifically (ive been reading the book "Its really 10 months" and theres a horrible story of one of the authors experiencing a 3rd degree tear!) :nope:

miscarrying

baby suffering from defects that put us in the terrible situation of continuing to full term or termination- i cant imagine how parents cope with this.

post natal depression

not being able to breast feed

and the most superficial is my hubby not finding me attractive anymore :dohh::dohh:

I think the main fears I have are
-trouble conceiving
-unable to conceive
-problems during pregnancy
-miscarriage
-problems during labor

As for after:
Mostly just worried about how we will adjust with less sleep and going back to work.

girls :hugs:

i have a lot of the same fears, and i had TONS while pregnant with DS as well. my guess is that this is so normal! lol. i thought i was super weird though.

for those afraid of no privacy after birth, and someone mentioned latching LO's on while drs are present etc: i know that for me, i just didn't care. i mean, you have just pushed a watermelon out of your lemon and possibly even pooed the table without even knowing it, in front of at least 3 people. once that baby comes out you don't even CARE anymore. you want your baby. and when your baby cries, you want to comfort him/her...and sometimes that means being naked from the waist up! lol. it really won't matter :hugs: they have seen it ALL! and usually they want you to succeed with breastfeeding...if you haven't done it before they expect you to be nervous.

when i get pregnant i know i'll have a lot of the same fears as i did with DS.

- something being wrong while LO is in the womb and my not knowing it or not being able to stop something that is wrong.
- losing LO late in pregnancy/losing LO after birth/losing LO as a stillbirth
- having my OCD with germs being amplified times 2, i don't know if myself or DH will be able to handle it if my OCD gets worse. it's pretty bad still even now, and DS is 4 :/
- having complications during labor/postpartum that will keep me (or wow, even take me away forever) from DS and new baby

there is so much more, too. i don't want to bore anyone who is reading. LOL

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"