what are your gym routines..

Mariaa

Me, Jack & Baby Nellie
Reaction score
Im starting the gym on wednesday so just wanted people to share your routines at the gyn...or at home if yu exercise there!!

x

I exercise from home,

On a Monday I do a 30 minute run.

Tuesday - I do 30 minutes of light weight training/strength training and 90 minutes of brisk walking (3.5 mph)

Wednesday - I do a 30 minute run. 90 minutes brisk walking

Thursday - 30 minute weight training again, 90 minutes brisk walking

Friday - 30 minute run

Saturday - 90 minutes brisk walking

Sunday - 45 minutes swimming

Before I had Amelia I used to go to the gym and would spend hours in there but it was too much for my body, now I've researched into exercise and nutrition etc and I've found doing five 30 minute work outs is enough to see significant results and keep me feeling fit and healthy.

Good luck at the gym I hope you enjoy it.

xXx

I try to go to the gym at least twice a week, if not three times. I do weights first as you burn up to 34% fat during cardio exercises if you do weights first.

I usually do 3 sets of 10 reps on each machine with the middle set being on a heavier weight. I'm aiming to tone not strengthen so I concentrate more on repeition than increasing the weights.

After this I am currently doing 12 minutes on the treadmill with interval training. I always have it at a gradient of 0.1. I do a three minute warm up then alternate between 8kph and 10kph. I aim to increase it so I can do it all at 10kph then I will alternate it with 11kph. Apparently you burn more fat doing interval training!

I then do an aerobic workout on the old cross trainer. I try and alterate every few minutes between toughness levels. I do the same sort of things on the bikes as well for 10 minutes. I aim to increase the time by two minutes every week.

Twice a week I get the good old exercise dvd out and do resistance training with small weights and floorwork to work on the bum and tum.

I know it sounds weird but get men's health magazine...they have loads of handy hints for working out and for diet plans that are about making permament, easy changes your diet. I always find it an inspiration!

Due to the high weight I can't do the heavy weight exercise so I use only the treadmill for the walk. It helps to absorb the fat and reduce the weight. From Monday to Saturday I follow the schedule of the exercise and diet program. And in Sunday I take a rest of whole the week.

I try to go to the gym at least twice a week, if not three times. I do weights first as you burn up to 34% fat during cardio exercises if you do weights first.

This is an amazing nugget of information. I'm joining the gym next week and was sure that I wasn't gonna be touching weights for a long time 'cos all I wanted was some serious fat burning. I shall mention this when I go.

I've been doing about 1.5-2 hours of heavy cardio every single day for a week now. I usually do 1 hour 1-7 times a week though. Just been feeling very motivated recently and am also desperate to lose the last bit of weight.

I Run, Swim laps and, dance The dancing is very intense and usually involves a lot of jumping up and down, so don't let it fool you. I usually pick 2 of the three and do about 45 min to an hour of each.

My gym routines :

Monday : Two hours in gym
Tuesday : Two hours in gym
Wednesday: One and half hour in gym
Thursday : Rest day
Friday : One hour in gym
Saturday : One hour in gym

I generally do cardio intervals 3-4x a week and heavy weightlifting 3x a week.

My details are in my journal

I run outside 3x per week. I can run for about 30 minutes now. I take a dance class and a kickboxing class once a week, and I have a fitness DVD that I sometimes do. I also have a kettlebell that I train with at home.
I don't go to a gym.
xx

I do about 4x a week in the gym plus a swim, plus from next week an aqua class.

I tend to do 10 min warm-up on bike (just level 10 about 80-90rpm) then I do cross-trainer for an hour of intervals and work up a proper sweat(sometimes I get off after 45 minutes as I feel myself losing the will to live :o/ but I am generally quite motivated to ignore the annoying little voice telling me to get off). I used to have a concept d rower at home and love it, so I am going to be restarting my rowing programme soon and will alternate xtrainer sessions with rowing sessions. I then do all my weights (45kg on leg weights and anything from 14-21kg on arm weights, 2-3 sets of 20 on each). I then go back for a cool-down on the bike, down to level 7 or 8 for 5-10 minutes.

My swim is usually 64 lengths (1 mile). My class will be aqua zumba for 1 hour.

I walk everywhere with my baby as we are down to one car, and I have a wii fit at home which I use for fun with my husband. Doesn't really help fitness but every little helps. I have horses so I get quite a lot of day-to-day activity to keep me ticking over as well. Lifting hay bales and things like that.

Interesting info about the weights/fat burning so thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->