What are your plans for Christmas day?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cutebowsxx

Reaction score
What is everybody doing on the day/night?

This is LO's first Christmas and our first Christmas in our own home..
So everything changes this year! I really can't decide what to do :nope:

We aren't brave enough to attempt to cook our own Christmas dinner yet :blush: So i can't decide whether to go to my parents' house for dinner or OH's parents', then whoevers house we don't decide to go to in the day, we'll go there in the night, or invite them over to ours iykwim :wacko: If i had my way we'd be in my parents' house all day and night :blush: But obviously that wouldn't be fair to OH or his parents. And going to their house on boxing day wouldn't be an option as OH's mother would not be having any of that! :grr: Lol. We also want to spend at least a little bit of time in our own home.. Seeing LO play with all his new toys and that :D

I want it to be so special :cloud9: Especially as last year i spent the whole day in bed, 5 months pregnant with a sickness bug! (Didnt even get my Christmas dinner lol) But arrgghh what to do???? :shrug:

We're doing the same as last year (which was callums first xmas). We spent xmas eve at OHs moms, then came back on the evening and stayed at our house for all of xmas day just the three of us. Then boxing day we go to my mom and dads for the day and brothers and family come over to, its a lovely day.

When my niece was born she was about 10 months on her first xmas and they spent the morning at my brothers MIL and FIL's and then came over to my moms on the nights and they did say it was a tiring year cos my niece got really tired and grumpy cos it was a lot for her to handle iykwim? xxx

We will exchange gifts with family on Xmas morning, then back home for a very relaxed day, dinner duties will be shared with DH and two teenage sons between enjoying watching Freddie open his gifts , I am so excited!:cloud9:

We will be home Christmas morning for DD to wake up, go downstairs and open her presents. I might make a nice fry up type breakfast if I can be bothered :rofl:

We will probably end up going to MIL's house for Christmas lunch/dinner and just mooch there till the evening.

And will stop off at my mum's on the way to MIL's (as we have to drive past her house to get to MIL's). Wont stay long at my mum's as she isn't really 'into' Christmas. Just long enough to have a drink and for DD to open her present/s.

I was hoping to move out before Christmas but isn't Goin to happen lo will only be four months and just havn been organised to do it so this year we will be in my parents for Christmas eve mind you even if we had moved out we would still be coming to mine. Christmas morning oh and Mia and my whole family will get up do presents have a fry then and going to oh mothers for a while and then to his nannys and then back up to mine for Christmas dinner and play with Mia with her new toys then bed time and plenty of drinks once she is down. its her first Christmas and I am so excited for it. x

We have a proper schedule! Well it feels like it anyway. We get up early and open gifts then go to my mum's for breakfast. My sis and bil go too so we all swap presents there. Then we head off to see my dad for an hour or 2 before going home to put the oven on. My mum and gran and OH's parents and brother come to ours for dinner. Fil does the cooking though. My sis and bil come every 2nd year but they're having dinner with his folks this year. In the evening we just chill out and watch telly or a film.

I think this will be our last year doing it that way as Harvey's not going to want to leave all the stuff Santa's brought him.

We are staying at home. In the morning get up early and open all the pressies and then to my mums for an hour, pop in & see my gran quickly then back home to start dinner. MIL will pop up in the morning to see the kiddies too but its just us four for dinner and then chill out in our new home (moving in 2/3 weeks) with the children.
Boxing Day my mum, dad, bro & MIL are coming to mine for dinner, which will probably be an Iceland Buffett :haha:

We used to go my mums one year, inlaws the next but Phoebe would get upset, wound up & tired so we stay home now x

up early open presents have cooked breakfast then i think we are going out for lunch this year as i cant be arsed cooking and cleaning all day then my parents will prob pop round with presents and then we might go for a nice walk

I am spending xmas day at home with me daughter and fella! I like it that way then my daughter had chance to play with her toys :xmas8:
And then on Boxing day we do the rounds with going to visit the family! And having cold Turkey Buffets :xmas14::xmas13:
This year the in-laws are coming around for xmas dinner............eeeek i cant wait!!

xx

We are staying at my parents house, my sister will also be staying.

We will open presents in the morning, go for a walk then have christmas dinner. Then we might pop to see OH's dad in the afternoon.Watching tv etc in the evening. Then boxing day we are going to see OH's mum , sisters and nieces.

We are spending the morning at home and having a fry up brunch...then in the early afternoon we meet up with family members from both my husbands family and my family at our local hotel/pub resturant.........to have a few drinks and exchange gifts and then we go home and have our christmas dinner and then relax in front of the tv stuffing ourselves with chocolate ...............ooooooooooooo cant wait.
On boxing day my husband is working :cry: which is a bit pants so i am either going to relax at home with my girlies or invite some family members to mine for a buffet or spend it at my brother and sil's house....undecided as yet. x

This year we are going to my parents for Christmas. We'll travel there on Chrismas Eve.

On Christmas morning we'll get up and probably give LO her stocking. I might try and get her to have breakfast first otherwise she'll just try and eat the chocolate santas that are in there. We will all have a nice breakfast and then we might go for a walk along the beach. Then I'll be helping my mum get the dinner ready and we'll eat about 3ish I think. After we've cleaned up a bit I expect we will just chill out and play with LO's toys and watch a bit of TV. We'll be staying for a few days and I think my sister is coming down on Boxing day which will be lovely.

We will have christmas at home. Wake up, have presents, then breakfast. My mum and sister will come over around 10ish to swap presents, i'll prob make some canapes. They will leave about 12ish, indie will nap and OH will pop to work (needs to check the pub, fridges etc) We will have lunch at 3ish. Have MIL and family over at around 5ish, will prob have more canapes. Busy day, Cant wait :)

All your plans sound lovely ladies :xmas12:

Mine sound quite hectic compared so some of yours :wacko:

Think we have decided: We will get up and open each others gifts at ours.. Then we will meet nearly the whole side of my mums family in my grandfather's house where we exchange more gifts there.. (Its been a tradition since i can remember!) Then we will make our way down to OH's parents house for Christmas dinner and stay there for the afternoon.. Then come back home and my parents and sister will be coming over for the evening, few drinks, chocolate fountain (its on my list for OH to get me:haha:) and a small buffet :thumbup:

Next year i will definitely attempt to make my own Christmas dinner so that we can relax more in our own home, especially as LO will be a bit more interested in his new toys :xmas9:

I will be spending Christmas the same way as I have for the past 12/13 years

We will wake up open presents, I will cook breakfast, then we will get sorted and head out for a lovely walk before dinner, maybe visit my sister :)

Back home and I will cook dinner while the Boys and daddy play with toys.

After dinner we will maybe go for another walk or head to my sisters house for a little drink, then back home, into our jimjams and onto the couch for our Christmas tv and lots of sweets, in-between programmes we will play some games :)

This year is going to be super special :)..

Isaac's first Christmas :)..

He'll only be 7 weeks. well 5 weeks correction age :).. So we're going to my parents house and then for New Years Eve my parents are coming here for the night :).

Board Games and Jenga :) haha

Its our first year in our own house and LOs first christmas too and we had many arguesments over what were doing :haha:
We've decided on we'll be at home on the morning and my Mum, Dad and Brother will come over to swap presents and have some breakfast, then were going to OHs Aunties house where all his family are getting together for Christmas dinner. Then late afternoon/evening we'll be going to my Aunties where all my family get together for some tea!!!

Cant wait now!!!

Me and OH are together but we don't live together yet. We both still live with our parents but we are trying to find a place...just taking its time :dohh:

Every year OH and his mum (his mum and dad are separated) just have a normal dinner on christmas day and actually have the traditional dinner on boxing day which is very lucky for our current circumstances..

So this is how this year should go...

Callum will probably wake up at about 7-8am. I will get up and make a full cooked breakfast for us both (my parents are working until 2pm and my father till later). Callum's daddy will then come round at 9am and we will open Callum's presents with him and exchange ours while Callum is playing with his new toys.

We will then set up Callum's bigger toys eg. fire truck ride-on and his fisherprice topzy tumblerz so he can play with them. OH will then go home at 11am to spend some time with his mother and have a snack/small dinner. He will then come back at either 1 or 2pm and we will open the rest of our presents from my Mum and dad when my Mum comes home.

Afterwards we will then go out for a walk and have a look at other people's decorations and other children having fun with their new toys. We will then go home and have some christmas dinner at about 3:00pm. OH will have a small dinner with us just because it's a nice thing I suppose :rofl:

OH will then go home at 4:30pm and me and Callum will watch a nice christmassy film, maybe Elf or something similar. We will also play with his toys etc...

OH will then come back again at about 8:30pm after (hopefully!) Callum has gone to bed and we can spend an hour together, maybe for another walk or watch a TV programme and have a snuggle :cloud9:

Oh and I buy ALL Callum's christmas presents. We agree on a budget and he gives me half the money for the budget and I just go to town :rofl:. I tell him what I have bought afterwards.

Were havin xmas at home this year and SIL and nephew are coming to us xmas eve and staying till boxing day then we will go back to hers and have boxing day at hers with SIL number 2. last year both SILs, nephew and SILs fiance came to ours and SIL and her partner cooked the xmas dinner :D but this year it will be down to me to cook.
OHs lost both parents and ive lost my dad and ive only recently started talking to my mum again so wont be seeing her xmas day xx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"