What are your plans for Christmas day?

Status
Not open for further replies.
We'll be doing the same as we did last year for LO's first Christmas. Wake up in the morning, come downstairs and open lots of prezzies with Christmas music on the TV in the background, LO plays with toys and we do poached eggs on toast for breakfast. Around 12 go to my parents' and open a few more presents then have yummy Christmas dinner, flop on the settee for a bit :haha: then pudding. Then play, chill, watch rubbish TV all afternoon. We may sleep there Christmas night this year, not sure. Then back to my parents boxing day for cold meats and real chips :cloud9: Luckily don't have anything more to do with OH's parents so that's not a problem this year :thumbup:
xx

Well it's mine and OH's first christmas in "our" new home, last year we didn't really live together ifywim? I was just staying there a lot, so this years different.

We will be going round OH's mums on christmas eve for a few drinks and then back home. We will then be waking up early, cooking breakfast and opening our presents from each other, after that we will go straight to my mums to open presents at hers and see her till dinner time. Then go to OH's sisters and a quick pop in on his mum as well and then head back to my mums for christmas dinner, drinks and games :thumbup:

Well we have never lived together on Christmas day.
Last year OH stayed over his mums Christmas eve then came over mine at about 12 we have dinner and just relaxed all day.

This year we will be going over OH's mums and my mums Christmas eve then going home and getting up in the morning and making breakfast together then opening pressies, Make dinner together and then just spending the rest of the day relaxing :)

We are going to have the in-laws over on Christmas Eve for the first time. We used to all get together Christmas morning for breakfast but it was just too rushed. On Christmas morning it will just be the immediate family, DH, me and the boys. We will go to my parents sometime in the afternoon and probably stay through the evening playing cards and chatting. The next two days will be fun just hanging out at the house watching the boys play with all thier new toys. :thumbup:

This is our first christmas in our new bigger house and of course Ciaran's first christmas :D
I'm always the first to wake up (big kid that i am) We let the girls go to bed a little later christmas eve so they lie in at least until half past 7 lol. Then i wake the girls up they go and pounce on Daddy to wake him up and we all go downstairs make coffee and see if santa has been. The girls open their pressies while me and OH drink our coffees. Then OH makes bacon sarnies for breakfast while the girls play with their stocking fillers/toys.
My mum and dad are over this year so they would usually arrive about 10 along with my gran we have santas 'second delivery' where we have our presents the kids get their bigger main presents. Have dinner for about 3 then spend the rest of the day infront of the telly whilst the girls play all day.......All excited now lol

We will start the day whenever LO decides its time to get up.
We might then do LO stocking, will defintly when he older but maybe not this year.
DH will do breakfast and after I will prep the starter, stuffing and bread sauce to take to the inlaws.
I might take LO to church with my MIL, depends how he reacts to the christingle service I'm taking him to in a few weeks.
We will head to the inlaws after church for coffee and sherry.
Then there will be the 4 course lunch followed by presents.
There will then be some games along with polishing off the cheese board.

We will be going to my sisters on boxing day for a buffet with all the family. Lots of kids with lots of noisey games.

We see Oh's mum on christmas eve to get that put of the way (its so hard trying to see everyone) we normally have a curry and let the kids play together.

On xmas day we get up , do pressies etc and this year we are going out for xmas lunch with OH's dad and nan. Then home and chil out. My mum and dad will be coming over for an hour or so in afternoon.

Boxing day is at my mus xx

We normally always have Christmas day at home. We will wake up and the kids will open their gifts from other people, then breakfast. Then they will open their gifts from us. We will have our Christmas dinner early afternoon and then they will go to see their Dad until Boxing Day evening.

I love to just sit around at home with loved ones, watching Christmas TV, eating food and having no stress. Bliss :)

Christmas day is always hectic,

We will wake about 7am (Alfie will prob decide that christmas morning will be the only morning of the year he wants a lie in lol same as last year) open all our stocking presents in bed. Then go down stairs have breakfast of scrambled egg & smoked salmon, open the gifts from under the tree. Then we are off to SIL to see IL's late morning early afternoon. We will the go over to my sisters who is cooking christmas dinner for all of my side of the family. After lunch chill out with the family watching christmas soaps lol, everyone else getting drunk (i dont drink) & playing with the kids toys. come home round 8-9pmish, Alfie in bed & me & OH watching christmas films in front of the open fire :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"