What are your reasons for waiting?

Kmx

Reaction score
A bit personal but just wondering why other couples choose to wait? Do you find yourself impatient or are you happy with your time frame.

hubby wants to wait till our youngest is in school, which is 2 years away yet,
our boys were born 51 weeks apart,
we want to move closer to family before having another,
finances, we can't afford a 3rd yet, hubby wants to get a better paid job,
and waiting on an mri for my back, just hoping they don't say I shouldn't get pregnant again.
at the moment we are waiting till 2017 before trying again, but I might try and see if hubby will do the whole not trying not preventing thing next year if we are in a better financial situation
I hate the waiting to try but its no where near as bad as the TWW

We are waiting until we can get moved and settled into our next house (which is happening in a month). We also need to get our current place sold (been on the market a couple weeks).

Need DS to be fully weaned, which will need to happen by October as DH and I have an overnight trip. My cycles are still a bit all over the place breastfeeding so really hoping they go back to normal once he is weaned.

I don't want to start trying during the holidays so hoping to convince DH to NTNP in Jan 2016 and full on TTC in May 2016.

We are waiting for a few reasons
- right now i'm full time student and part time work (went back to get an extra qualification) I will be back full time work june 2016
- we get married december 2016
- we should have enough to get a mortgage by june 2017

We wanna settle a bit in the house so maybe a year after our wedding we will try :) So we pushed back our date to december 2017 instead :thumbup:

We are waiting for me to finish my degree in 2 and a half months, to find a teaching job and work for year before becoming pregnant, and to find a house. I will be 27 when we finally start trying. I really don't want to wait longer than that. We have a year and a half to go. I am happy with the timeframe because I want to make sure that we are financially secure before having a child. My OH is on track to get some nice promotions in the next couple of years to where we could get by on just one paycheck, but I don't want to wait that long.

I actually scratched off the biggest reason why we are waiting this month: credit card is now completely paid off so the only debt we have left is my student loans now! :happydance:

Now just waiting on:

-Losing these last 5 lbs to reach weight goal of 120
-Re-building exercise routine so I can continue to exercise properly during pregnancy
-Determining if hubby is going to be gone on a short assignment next month (can't try if he isn't here :haha:)
-Trying to avoid a winter baby if possible - I loved having a baby in May because I could go out and about with her as soon as I got home from the hospital without having to bundle up
-Putting enough time between baby 1 and 2 so that DD is old enough to go to the preschool on post so I can have some one-on-one time with the baby during the week
-Making sure hubby's pay raise goes through

I go through periods of time where I'm impatient and other times when I'm happy to wait. Right now I'm somewhere in the middle!

I'm waiting till I have finished a semester of my internship, so i'll have graduated by the time I have a baby. I'm pretty at peace about the time frame now because the date is drawing near and I have found several things to do to help me feel prepared for the ttc date. Looking back, i also find that i value the time that i've had to prepare for ttc even though i wasn't happy about the wait. I think i will be going into it more informed, and mentally and physically prepared. So i'm happy and feeling good about that :)

I really need to get healthy... weight wise, food wise, fitness wise. All those go hand in hand.

I want a new house...

Those are really the major two.

We're buying a house too. That's now the main focus of our wait. we are sort of waiting for hubby to be ready too but he's feeling more and more positive about it now so hopefully he'll be ready shortly after settling in to our new home :D

Also now looking at other things to do with the wait: hoping to stash some savings away and i'm now thinking about getting fitter (i'm slim, eat healthy but maybe want to do some pre-pregnancy exercise/ prep)

I guess the main reasons for waiting might be to get settled well and to have some years gap between kids.

House we live in now is too small to be adding more children. Been renovating a house and it's not quite finished yet so all money has been going into that. Need to have some money saved up just incase it's another set of twins as we would need to buy a new car sooner than planned if that happened. Have been waiting about a year now, start TTC next month. Next cycle starts mid March.

My reasons are mainly because 2 is a handful!

-I am going to the gym 5 nights a week to lose weight and get fit
-DIY home projects that cost a lot of money, such as paint the master bedroom, replace the shower, finish the basement
-Landscaping that will cost a lot of money
-enjoy not having a baby attached to me 24/7
-wait for DS to become a bit more independent
-redo the kid's bedrooms

The major one was moving to a slightly bigger house, which we are doing at the weekend.

Other reason we planned to wait till september, our youngest is only 2.5 atm so wanted to wait till hes a little older.

Buy a car, should be march 8th if cars right.

Then probs wait till april to remove implant, then it takes a few month to regulate. This should gice us a march-july baby.

We were waiting to save money and travel, both of which are now complete, hoping for a better job for my DH which he is now doing, waiting for my nannying job to no longer be full time (both will be going to school in September). Now we're waiting just until April because we want our baby to be born in early in 2016, and my best friend's destination wedding is in March. So close now!

My husband is mean!

But also we need to buy a bigger house (who knows how long this will take - we're in negative equity) and really DD needs to be 3 so she will be at school when baby comes along - full time nursery for 2 is beyond our means. We have agreed to seriously consider trying in 18months even if we haven't moved yet because we optimistically hope we will be able to plan to move by then at the very least.

#1 - I want to lose a little more weight

#2 - We want our son to be around 1 year

1. We want them about two years apart and DS is 10.5 months.
2. DH needs to graduate with his MBA in May and then we need to move.
3. I have a wait period after stopping methotrexate so that it won't cause birth defects, it's 4 months according to the doctor.
4. Can't stop MTX until we have completed our move since I need to be physically ready and able.

I really really hope we're lucky and catch our first time again, that should give us a June 2016 baby, but I can't predict the future.

My daughters birthday is very close to Christmas so would like to avoid another birthday at the end of the year. I would absolutely love a spring baby so will be trying for that which means waiting until end of May to start TTC :)

We had our lil girl 6 n half weeks ago, although I would like to plan to have 2 close together I don't think my body could cope with another pregnancy so soon after, my joints took a battering towards the end and during labour. Also I don't think I could do night feeds while pregnant and then night feeds with a 1 year old as wel. Also I'm breastfeeding so wouldn't want anything to affect the ability to do that n I no ppl who have had troubles once pregnant (if u can even manage to get pregnant breastfeeding being one of the lucky ones).
We have also just moved 3 weeks ago n the house needs complete renovation so want that done n il be limited what I can do pregnant and need it done before lo starts being mobile! So all that means waiting, no date set yet!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->