What are your reasons for waiting?

We are waiting so that I can lose a bit more weight and so DS is a bit older. We hope to start ttc when he turns 1. That will also give us a spring/summer baby which works well with my job.

We considered ttc sooner but now we are also buying a house and hope to have that wrapped up by May.

Hi I'm not sure I belong here but I'm obsessed with having more kids but we're going to have to wait indefinitely and it kills me!

We have a 13month old dd and I would love to give her a sibling asap. OH wants to wait until we're more stable financially, till we're married, till we own a house, maybe till we relocate closer to family.....!

Basically we're not going there for a good few years yet. While I understand why we should wait, it kills me. I'm just struggling to keep it in. talking about having another child and getting married are two topics that have been shelved because it just isn't helping when we talk about it.

I find it hard when people ask when we're gonna have no.2 because there's nothing I want more but I have to actlike I'm ok waiting

Our previous reasons have been to finish our degrees, move in together, and be financially stable.

Currently, we've both had our degrees finished for nearly 4 years. We've been living together for almost 1-1/2 years. Financially, I wouldn't say we're as stable as we'd like but somehow we're doing okay. I've accepted that we most likely won't ever be rich, but we do want OH to have a good full time job before we TTC again. He currently delivers pizza, but we'd like him to have something full time and in his field first, so that we can get by with me staying home and doing some substitute teaching on the side.

We're also planning to get married in summer 2016, so ideally, he gets his good job by then and we start trying that summer. If we get pregnant that summer, baby would be born shortly after my 30th birthday. So I definitely won't be a young first time mom. :( This time frame definitely wasn't our first choice, and waiting does drive us crazy, but it is what it is and while frustrating at times, it's fine.

Thanks everyone for all your replies. It's really interesting to compare and hear from others. My main reason for waiting is until I've been in my job for one year, which will be in September. But my oh wants to wait until we move house which will be in June 2016. I don't want to wait until then though :(. My son is 3 years old and I want a close sibling for him. Oh said if we waited and the next baby isn't as close as we would like then we can have two babies pretty close together, but I feel like this would be leaving my eldest son out of the "family" a bit and I don't want that. I'd rather two close together then another one a little further apart perhaps. I'm finding it so difficult to think we can't try for ages. Especially when on paper we have nothing stopping us. I understand that it would be easier to move house without a baby or being pregnant but it's not a perfect world and we would make it work no matter what. But instead we need to delay our family because it would be "easier" in the short term where as I think it would be easier in the long term if we have two kids close together!

Anytime I try to convice my OH of this however he claims I'm forcing him to do something and obviously I don't want to do that. So for now we are waiting until 2016 unfortunately!!

Even if u fell pregnant in September on the first cycle u wud only just have had the baby by the time moving comes around, if it takes u a few months then ul be pregnant so it's not essential to wait until u move, we moved when lo was 3 weeks old

I moved at 38 weeks pregnant last summer. It was lovely I barely had to do anything but direct boxes around. I did pack and unpack a considerable amount though.

Krissie that was my plan lol, we had been waiting to move for ages n completion was eventually set for 1 week after my due date, baby came along a bit early though so instead of being 1 week overdue and unable to do anything I had a 3 week old to look after so I could barely do anything anyway lol, think I preferred it the way it was though, think being a week overdue and the move that we had would have finished me off lol

He has agreed to ttc September this year instead of June next year :happydance: :happydance: and with very little persuasion from me!!! I am beyond happy right now!

That's great news, my oh surprised me when he decided we could start trying for our first, he texted me out of the blue saying we could start when I wanted, I set a starting date and I went into crazy baby lady mode lol, now working on how to persuade him that we should start trying again for number when sophie is around 1 lol

I have waited a long time for #1 because of
-waiting to get married
-waiting to buy our house
-waiting for hubby to be 'ready'

We have now accomplished all of these, been in our house a year and been married a year, and we are just waiting for our honeymoon which is booked for June 2015... this is when we can FINALLY start TTC!!!!

Although I (should) feel like we've come so far and achieved so much, and this year is the most exciting year ever.... June feels sooooo far away!!!

Need to concentrate on enjoying the time me and hubby have left together before we have a baby !! <3

We had a great talk today, and decided we will have another baby! Baby #3! Definitely out last! Husband needs to get his vasectomy reversed, he is active duty so might be a challenge and wait list.

With no 1 we waited due to me as hubby would have started on our honeymoon. At the time I was on a graduate job with no guarantee of a permanent post and as we hadn't lived together before I want to just do that. I got a permanent job and wanted to be in a year but gave in a few months before. It then took us over 2 years so a lot of waiting. Part of me doesn't regret the initial waiting, we needed to get through our first year of marriage and knowing what we did at the time it was the right decision.

Now with no 2 we're waiting to have a 2 year age gap. If I had a full choice I'd wait a little longer and just enjoy LO but I'll probably need to go through tests and waiting lists again so it probably will be longer.

We are waiting to try due to my husband's upcoming deployment. We are trying to plan it so he returns home before the baby is born (which still won't be a sure thing). Anyone else in the same situation? I am so antsy, luckily we will be clear in June so not too much longer..! And really even if I did now it wouldn't be the end of the world, but I just want to do everything in my power to make sure my husband will be there so I am trying to resist being selfish even though my baby fever is a little out of control. :)

1. Not convinced I can face having 2
2. Don't want to have a newborn ruining hb's 40th next march!

I love these threads, because I'm a Virgo and I love to-do lists :)

We are waiting because....
1. OH is getting out of the military next month :happydance: he also got into the FAA and they haven't told us where yet but...
2. We're moving next month
3. Buy a house within 6-9 months of getting there.
4. I graduate May 2016
5. Get married summer 2016

And then nothing's stopping us!!!! However, we're currently not using birth control(not exactly NTNP..) because all the above don't NEED to be accomplished before we are happily blessed :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->