What are your tips & tricks to feeling better during pregnancy??

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Third Trimester' started by Alicia_&_Kev, Apr 17, 2009.

1. Alicia_&_Kev

Alicia_&_Kev Well-Known Member

Just had a laze in the bath (for about an hour) and got me thinking i wonder what everyone else is doing to make themselves feel 'good' during their pregnancy!?
    I know we are are feeling a little under the weather and a bit urm repulsive lol, so does anyone have any little tricks, tips or recipes (that dont cost the world) to make you feel better or a little more attractive???

Heres mine....

I like to....
    -get in bath & have a nice relax with some muscle soak bubble bath and maybe a nice relaxing candle or too for about half hour, then run some more water and wash my hair (twice with shampoo and leave conditioner in for about 3 mins so my hair is reeealllly soft) Then do the usual wash and shave thing.
    - get out and sit in my towel to dry naturally for a bit and put some scented oil into a big bowl of boiling water & hold my head over it with a towl over the back of my head for about 5 mins.... & then put a face mask on (i make a homemade one of a mashed up banana mixed with 1tbsp honey and a little squeeze of lemon or orange juice) whilst...
    -putting on some body butter (used to use body shop but now use either boots or morrisons as they are def just as good and half (for boots) and 1/9th (morrisons) of price!!
    -Leave to dry and then put on some dove holiday skin moisturiser.

Sorry just makes me feel really good and wanted to share and maybe get some more little tricks hehe :)

xxxxxxxx:hug:xxxxxxx

2. ruth222

ruth222 Mum of 1 to be Mum of 2

Sounds very luxiorios hun! i'm with you on the bath thing, just had one! Lush! But after the bath it kinda goes down hill have no energy to put on face masks or body butter, altho i have a drawer full of both, lol and I tell myself everytime I shall treat myself and use them, but I end up slumping in front of the tv with no energy! One thing that makes me feel lush is a back rub from hubby but doesnt happen that often so when it does happen makes it all the more special lol. And I'm drinking glass after glass of fruit juice at the mo which is just yum yum, but for me theres really not a great deal that eases those aches and pains other than a nice bath! I feel pretty heavy and bulky most of the time unfort lol, it takes a lot to make me feel 'better' lately. A nice quiet house helps lol as it won't last very long! hehe

3. classyburd

classyburd Mummy to Archie

I love a nice soak in the bath but often get out feeling lightheaded or zapped of energy DOH

4. wishes

wishes Mummy of two :)

I love a bath... but now hubby has to wash my hair as i cnat hold myself back anymore... thenhe has to heave me out as i get stuck!! :rofl: By the time all that humiliations over i dont feel too relaxed anymore! :blush::rofl:

5. classyburd

classyburd Mummy to Archie

I am still managng to get in and out myself, just.

Cant scrub my own back or legs too well though as bump gets in the way DOH

6. Doublemints

Doublemints Well-Known Member

I feel the same way...I have to have my hubby help me in the shower.

7. lalaland09

lalaland09 Well-Known Member

I like going for a nice, long walk with OH. It gives us a chance to discuss things without any distractions. Then a bath with candles. If I'm lucky, he'll give me a massage. No problem falling asleep after that!

8. Grey

Grey Well-Known Member

So sweet to hear what lovely husbands/partners you have, helping to wash your hair! So cute!
    I will prompt mine when the time comes (just 30 weeks now, and still managing, although I tend to get a shower).

9. wishes

wishes Mummy of two :)

Ill tell him you said that, he is an angel bless him :blush:

When the time of humiliation comes it comes with a very hard bang!... thought we'd be on our pensions before i needed the kind of help he's giving me at the moment! :rofl:

10. Alicia_&_Kev

Alicia_&_Kev Well-Known Member

hahaha funny stuff!! im hoping not to need help with the bath bit at the mo, although trying to keep myself 'prepared' down there just incase is becoming increasingly difficault!! haha, oh and the holiday skein tan doesnt quite reach the feet as cant get there so looks like im constantly wearing white trainer socks!! haha :rofl:

But does make me feel ggood about myself when i actually bother doing my hair properly or wearing something slightly nice lol.... never thought id say that lol haha

xxxxxxxxxxx

11. Dukechick

Dukechick Wife & proud Mom of 2

Wow... you sure do like to treat yourself don't ya!! I wish I could have that kind of energy after a bath..... I always feel exhausted when I get out! lol.......

I do like baths though.... I finish it off with a shower, cuz it feels like I'm sitting in a pool of my own filth at the end ;) When it comes to shaving, I could still reach my legs okay, but I shave my crotch totally by feel!!! When I'm done, I walk over to my DH and ask how it looks! lol.......

I go for a pedicure about every 3 weeks or month. I need it, gotta keep pretty feet, and I can't reach my nails to paint them myself! hahaha!

I also get DH to rub my feet.... which reminds me, I think I'll get him to do that soon!