What Baby Monitor Would U Recommend?!

steph1505

Reaction score
Hey ladies :wave:

Was just wondering if any of you's would be able to recommend a type of baby monitor that you feel work well?! I just want to be prepared for when Brandon goes into his own room!

So what are ur recommendations?! Or what ones would you advise us to stay away from?!

Thank you! x x x x

Although i havent tried it properly, as baby boy hasnt been born yet, we purchased the Tomee Tipee Sure sound monitor that has a pad to go under the matress of a cot or moses basket and sounds an alarm in no breathing etcis detected for longer than 20 seconds. This was recommended to me by a friend who's cousin had it and said it was v.good and reasuring although i can imagine a slight degree of paranoia. OH and i tested it by placing a hand on the pad and removing it and sure enough after 20 sec it bleeped. It comes with a parent mpnitor so you can also hear thier quietest sounds and its really good. As well as the monitor for baby that has a little night light attached. My baby monitor was on the table in the lounge and i was listening to the parent monitor in the kitchen and oh was in the bathroom upstairs (door closed) on the mobile phone and i could hear evry word crystal clear.

Thats so weird! Ive literally just been looking at that one on the internet!! Thanks very much for getting back to me! :D:D x x x

i've got the BT digital moniter, with my first i just had a regular tomy analougue and it was rubbish always picking up interferance, but this one is brill, you could literally hear a pin drop its so clear. x

We have the tomy walkabout baby advance We havent used them yet though my SIL recommended it

We have the BT150 monitor, its brilliant, its cheapest on amazon https://www.amazon.co.uk/BT-150-Dig...f=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=baby&qid=1260536505&sr=8-1

its brilliant, you can here people go upstairs lol. We have the volume down really low as it picks up so well :) x

Hi,
I have the Tomy Walkabout Advanced....it has good and bad points but overall for the price i would buy again.
Personally i didnt want one with a breathing sensor/camera as i think it would have made me paranoid and obsessed about it...and am glad i didnt go for one now.

Good point - decent price, displays room temp so no need to buy a temp gauge of any sorts, portable parent unit which is really handy, and you dont have to use batteries as both units can work on mains and parent unit can be recharged, very sensitive can hear LO sigh and even noises from next door!
Bad point - does pick up static noise but it doesnt bother me as you can still hear LO..and i think the static comes from being so noise sensitive.

xx

We have the BT150 - it's fantastic, sound is crystal clear. We also have Babysense breathing monitor, which we have on at night and nap times.

Also have the BT 150. Its fab and can hear so clearly with no interference. Also I love being able to put on lullabys whils not in the room!

we have the angelcare with sensor. its made me WAY less paranoid!!!

angelcare sound and movement for peace of mind x

Wow thanks for all your replies!! Looks like Ive got some research to do! Looks like the BT 150 is the favourite one on here! :D x x x

We've got the Tomy walkabout premier advance and its fantastic.. by far and away the best one I have ever owned (and thats been a fair few!) the sound is crystal clear, even with the volume on the lowest and the baby unit being a couple of meters away from Emily's cot, we can still hear her breathing.
It has a talkback function too, so if your baby starts screaming and you're downstairs, you can immediately reassure them with your voice .
Both units have a nightlight on them too and there is a light system that if you put the monitor on silent it will light up to tell you whether baby is stiring (1 light) or full on screaming (lots of lights).
It tells the temperature in the room of where the baby is, and displays it on both units so you can keep an eye on it.

Oh, and the parent unit has a belt clip, and unlike so many other monitors, it works the same way as a cordless house phone, ie you put it on the base to charge, and can take it off to walk about with, without having to spend a fortune on batteries...

and best bit is, in mothercare, its reduced from £59.99 to £29.99 - absolute bargain!!

Bt 150 - brill. Works for us! My fave thing is being able to
a) hear every breath
b) turn the lullaby on from downstairs!
c) check temp of her room
d) shush her from the living room....you just push the button and you can talk to the base unit in LO's room

and best bit is, in mothercare, its reduced from £59.99 to £29.99 - absolute bargain!!

That is a good price!! Its only the pink one thats reduced tho :( I'd feel guilty using a pink one! Haha!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"