What bottles do you use?

24/7

Mummy to Sam & Abigail
Reaction score
What bottles did everyone chose to use and why? :)

I chose avent...to be honest i dont know why....i think because it was a familiar name to me.
But i did end up having to buy Dr Brown's when Jac was 2-3 weeks old as he was very windy and colicy....they did the trick....doesnt get rid of all the wind but it made so much difference to us and cant imagine how we'd have been without them.

I tried tommee tippee when i tried to get Jac back to normal bottles at 12 weeks as his wind was a lot better (and fed up of washing dr browns) but i hated them.....the teats collapsed all the time even on faster teats...and they were messy. So i switched back to avent and he's been great again. I think the teat shape on avent and dr brown (which are similar) suit Jac better.

Next time id start on avent again and only switch to Dr Browns if we need to like we've done with Jac. Id keep away fro TT.
But every baby is different so i would go with your instinct.

xx

i loved the tommee tippee closer to nature bottles but when he was about 5 months old they started to leak ( guess the thread wears away or something) tried the boots ones but no matter what i did i couldnt get the valves to open while he was drinkning so the teat kept getting compressed, so they lasted about a weeks before i moved to avent and loved them.

Mam, because of the vent on the bottom and they look funky :D

we started on avent and changed after about 8weeks to MAM's - as they were BPA free and had the valve to help prevent colic :)

Dr Browns, they were reccomended to me for my first baby and I have stuck with them ever since. None of my LO's have had issues with colic not sure if it is the bottles or just luck! x

I started with the born free bottles! they didnt work.. so I went to the avent.. tried those for a while.. they still didnt work.. after all of the hassle I tried the gerber cheapies.. that were 5$ for 3 of them.. and she LOVES them.. weird!

Tommee Tippee Closer to Nature ones... I'm not sure why I chose them, guess I just liked the way they looked. I've had no problems with them, but I have the old ones and not the BPA free ones, not sure what they are like.

We use Tommee Tippee CTN (BPA free) bottles, weve had no problems with them.

I started off with Tommee Tippee closer to nature, but they really didnt suit Mia at all. Then I went onto dr browns which did seem to help at first as she is extremely windy but then they no longer worked. And the teats were just way too soft for her, as they were on Tommee Tippee ones. So now she's on MAM bottles which so far seem to be working the best for her, I just hope they keep working well for her.

Thats also one of the reasons I am sticking to the MAM bottles, the colours are so nice and none of the others work any better so might aswell have the one in pretty colours lol.

I breastfeed, but when im out LO has the NUK latex teats. They are the only ones he would hav, they are quite attractive as well lol xxx

Avent, mainly chose them because I had a gift voucher from work and we bought an avent steriliser :)

Hi there wen i had my little girl 5 yrs ago i used advent bottles as i found them really gd & my daughter took 2 them really well, wen i have my next baby i will use the same again as i kno they are really good & simple 2 use hope ur well x

Tommee Tippee CTN bottles. Just because they came with our first sterliser and Leo was happy with them so we stuck with them x

mam here as well.. we started on avent ones but they made roo so windy and sore, plus the teats were collapsing etc on her too. the mam ones are way better, plus they are bpa free and pretty too!

Dr. Browns bottles! They were also referred to me before I had my LO so we went and bought 4 of them, 4 oz. & 8 oz.
They work like a charm :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"