What can doctor do????

Monkey monkey

Reaction score
Lack of period following coming off the pill, just wondering what the doctor can do/offer to 'kick start' ovulation and period and how efetive it is?? Thanks guys :)

nothing they can do really hun, I have been waiting since november, doctor won't see me until it has been a YEAR!! They can do blood tests to check for things like PCOS but the majority of problems are down to the pill hormones leaving your body so just a waiting game :(

I have heard that Agnus Castus can help rebalance your cycles but you can't take it after ovulation and I have no idea if/when I have/will ovulate yet as am CD 81!!xx

How long has it been?

I'd be inclined to go to the Dr anyway if it's been a while.

Day 73 so far, first period came at day 41 (not including pill withdrawal bleed) have had stressful months to be fair, just want something to happen :(

I went to the doctors after 6 months, was given bloodwork and an ultrasound to check for PCOS/ any underlying problems. All normal, was diagnosed with post-pill ammenorreah. Was told by my GP if AF didn't come back after a year to go back..

I stopped my pill July 09
Got my period June 10. (11 months!)

Since then I have been irregular but atleast I am working! :wacko:

They really don't give us the facts when the prescribe the pill. So many of us have had really irregular periods and all the info I ever received was that everything would go back to normal in 2-3 months. Total bull.

Im cd116, dr said to come back in another two months if still nothing. Guessing its the pil thats caused it as blood test have come back normal

Dr can give you progesterone supplements (I think...) to kick start af but it depends on your dr (and your age maybe) how long they'll make you wait before subscribing it... Worth a visit anyway to see what they say. Good luck!

Thanks guys, am hoping they can suggest something. Hopefully i am 'normal' as i had proper period on day 41 following on from withdrawal bleed so technically i'm waiting for period number two. Had super stressful December so am thinking that may have scared it off???

Yeah stress can delay ovulation alright. Hopefully, that was your problem and af will show her face soon...

I'm on day 126 at the minute.

I came off the depo end of July last year, we started trying beginning of September and I had my last period 28/09/10.

I did a whole bunch of HPTs all negative before going to the docs in November, they gave me a blood test which was negative, since then I just kept going back to the docs till they got sick off me.

I got a full hormone panel a couple of weeks ago which shows slightly elevated testosterone and I have an ultrasound on Friday to check for PCOS and on the offchance that by some weird miracle I am pregnant. They also gave me a prescription for Provera so if I'm not pregnant I can force a period.

Moral of the story, you don't have to wait 6 months or a year, you just have to annoy your doctor with persistence!:haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->