What can I do? This cant be good for baby...

laurbagss

Mummy of 2 & Bump <3
Reaction score
I have really bad nausea, although I have only been sick twice, but because I have a HUGE phobia of being sick - I cant eat anything, in the past week all I have eaten is crisps, apples and some toast now and then, surely the baby isnt getting enough nutrients from this but I dont know what to do, i physically cant eat because Im so scared if being sick!! I havent eaten dinner at all for weeks just snacking when I can, Any ideas?? Xx

I would talk to your doctor about maybe a medication to help with the sickness. And also take a prenatal because that will also help baby. I guess its just part of this amazing journey!! Its rough

That's all I lived on for weeks. Back then I wasn't aware of any medication. Just little and often and you'll see it through x

You will be fine just take extra vitamins but with both of my kids I didn't even eat that much as I was so sick. It will eventually pass and you will get appetite back. Don't worry you are doing no harm just eat whatever you can stomach

Firstly, try not to worry about baby-they will get everything they need from your reserves. I had hyperemesis in my last pregnancy, hardly kept anything down (including water) from week 7 to week 18 and my daughter was 9lb 2oz at birth and completely healthy. I have been the same with this pregnancy and baby has been fine at all my scans. If your nausea is bad enough to stop you eating then it might be worth asking your doctor for anti-sickness medication as there are several that are safe to take when pregnant. Sending big hugs and hoping it settles soon for you :hugs:

I know how you feel!

Don't worry about what it is, just eat what and when you can. Milkshakes and smoothies can go down easily, if that helps?

Even though you're scared, try and eat little and often. Not eating makes the nausea so so much worse! Don't worry about LO though - just eat as often as you can xx

ull suffer vitamin/nutrient wise before the baby does but if you are unable to eat go see a doc :)

Thanx ladies, im taking the pregnancy tablets from my doctor so i guess baby is getting them nutrients, but i was so worried! Im going to book in with my GP first thing and try and get some help. I cant even drink milkshake - I tried the other day xx

Dropping in from second tri.. I was just like this from like 7 weeks until about 10 weeks. Could hardly eat. No meat, no dairy, and then on most days even if I played it safe I still got sick.. I even threw up ice. But when I get for my scans I was always fine and so was LO. Try not to stress it, stay hydrated and just eat what and when you can. It gets better. Granted I still get sick but things have improved so much.

Thanx ladies, im taking the pregnancy tablets from my doctor so i guess baby is getting them nutrients, but i was so worried! Im going to book in with my GP first thing and try and get some help. I cant even drink milkshake - I tried the other day xx

Make sure you take the tablets before bed instead of the am too! Nothing makes nausea worse like those pregnancy pills (especially with iron). Is it that you can't eat or that you're afraid of eating and being sick?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->