What can I expect to see at scan 5+3?

Oldermummy78

Reaction score
I did have an early scan with my 2nd daughter but this was over 16years ago so I can't for my life remember exactly how early I was :confused:
Wondered if people had there input to share with me then I can get more of an idea? I know everyone's peanut grows different but wanted to know if more likely to see nothing but a gestational sac, an egg yolk and fetal pole or possibly if extremely lucky a bean and heartbeat .

Thanks and I will update tomorrow my scan is at 10am Fxd everything's in the correct place at the very least! :wacko:

I'm not sure oldermummy - I had my first at eight weeks.

Just wanted to wish you luck though:flower:

To be honest I think you will just see the sac and yolk, think it's too early for heartbeat yet but you never know! Good luck x

I just saw the sac and a yolk at my scan when I was 4-5 weeks. Didn't see bean with a heartbeat till 6+6. Good luck! :)

My earliest first ultrasound (third baby) was at 5+6, but I did see my little embryo and her heartbeat. That early on, you can't entirely know what to expect. Some folks report not even being able to see the fetal pole at that point. Sometimes, the heart may have just started beating, but more often than not, you won't get to see the heart beating get. You'll definitely see a yolk and a sac and probably a little teeny tiny fetal pole at that point.

Thank you girls, so most likely at the most a fetal pole... it's just crazy how they grow at completely different rates so early, I wonder if this is an outlook on to if they are in a rush in life or pretty chilled to just let things happen in its own time :lol: xx

Hope it goes well Oldermummy! Did you get and blood work done yet?

With my DS I had my first Scan at 5+3 (His scan is below) and all that was visible was a yolk (the little dot in the center) and with this baby I had one at 5+1 and the exact same was visible .o most likely a sac and yolk but a pole isn't out of the question because with my son I had another one at 5+6 and a small pole was found :)
https://i.imgur.com/Huf4HTh.jpg

Thanks corn :hugs:
I had bloods done on the 17thand they were 36.6, then repeated on the 20th they came back 251
Xx

Oh thanks ladybug great scan :happydance:

How much did you have to drink and does it really have to be water ? Xx

Honestly, they told me to empty my bladder this time while another Dr told me to have a full one on my next scan on Fri. So I really don't think it matters cause with DS I had a full bladder (as they requested) and the visibility was the same for both.

My earliest was at 5w6d and I saw a heartbeat, but at 5w3d I think you'll probably see the gestational sac and yolk. As far as water, I had a transvaginal so didn't have to drink anything. As a matter of fact, the nurse had me empty my bladder before my scan. (I'm in the US though so may be different there) GL

I had an internal scan at 5ish weeks and saw the sac and a blob and had to go back 2 weeks later. I was told to have an empty bladder though as apparently they can see better for an internal? Really don't know though as she lost my overies in that scan too haha!!

Hope the scan goes well. :hugs:

This is what I was thinking ? They told me to fill my bladder, but I was thinking surely this early need to do internally?!
I will find out in approximately 20hours time :lol:

How can they lose your ovarys ? :rofl:
Xx

Hope all goes well😊.I was told hcg needs to be above 1500/2000 to see anything on scan,but not sure how true that is.

Disney, I was just about to add that! I had a scan when my levels were 950 and there was nothing which freaked me the hell out until my Dr explained that usually the earliest they see something is 1500-2000. Sure enough at my next scan when my levels were 5388, there was a sac and yolk :)

Older mummy I had a scan on Friday when I was 5 weeks and I saw a gest sac , yolk and fetal pole xx good luck tomoz

Thank you Fxd I get to see something tomorrow morning :happydance: I'm going to go in with a pint of juice in my bladder, though especially at minute I'm not very good at holding it !!
Then at least I'm there ready and if need to empty bladder so be it xx

That's great isaac your baby growing fast and well :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"