What can I expect when I stop my final pill packet?

P

Pancha67

Hello :)

My OH and I are currently in discussion whether I should not take the pill from tomorrow (i am pill free week this week) or wait until we planned in 4 weeks time as I have not started my new job yet...

But when I do stop my pill what do I expect to happen? Say it was tomorrow... I have bled all this week and due to take my first pill from my packet tomorrow but don't... when would I expect a period? Would I break through bleed like if you missed a few pills in the middle of the packet or not?

Thanks!

You shouldn't carry on bleeding but you might get some irregular spotting for a while. This bleed was a withdrawal but you're next will be a proper period. Depends on your body when that well come, it could be anytime but you can conceive straight away, you will ovulate about two weeks before your period

If you've already bled then you shouldn't again, although you can always have spotting as your hormones adjust. The bleed you had was actually a "withdrawl bleed" from not taking pills. You can count the first day of your bleed as cycle day 1. Who knows what your cycle will do, especially your first one off the pill, but if you go straight back into a normal cycle and your cycles are say 28 days then on cd28 you can expect to get your first "real" period. It could take longer than that for your body to adjust though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->