What can I take for a sore throat...

Cewsbaby

Mom of 2 boys! Hoping for a 3rd
Reaction score
The right side of my throat started to bother me yesterday and its actually worse today. I don't have a fever (thank goodness!) but I feel like crap. Im trying to drink more fluids (water, milk, decalf hot and cold tea) but it doesn't seem to be helping much. Anyone know anything I can take or do?

I've always used fisherman's friends. They say they are ok in moderation.

Suck on fresh pineapple pieces (and eat it lol)! There is a cleansing enzyme in it that really does work. I had a cold and sore throat 2 weeks ago and hot honey and lemon was helping the cold, and a friend who loves all things natural told me about the pineapple and it really did work x

Well I might try the pineapple. I have sucked down some lemon zinger tea and I cant say it helped. Might try and OJ overload. It just sucks because I have to go to work in a little bit. :/

You can take paracetomal, think it's called Tylenol where you are. I always swallow a spoonful of honey as well.

Garlic is a natural antiviral and antiseptic make some garlic bread with fresh garlic and butter.

I called my mom and she said it was ok to take Tylenol. So right now I am taking the cold/sore throat one and it seems to be helping! And before anyone says I should have called my doctor, my mom works at a high risk pregnancy clinic and would know what I can and cant take. :)

Yeah, paracetamol is safe to take, as long as you stick to the recommended doses, obviously.
I don't know if you have them over there, but Lockets and Halls Soothers are also fine. Neither are massively effective, but they do sooth a sore throat

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->