What can you tell me about SPD?

olivetree83

Jon, Hollie, Olivia, & #2
Reaction score
Hi ladies,

Can you tell me if what I'm having is SPD?

For the past couple of weeks I've noticed a constant pain on the left side of my pubic (or pelvic) bone; it seems to be on the bone nearest where my leg folds.

It's not present everyday but when I do notice it it's unlike round ligament pain where you feel it and it goes as quickly as it came on. It's a constant irritation.

I wouldn't say I'm in any pain, it's just a pulsing dull ache in that area. So I'm wondering if this is SPD and what I can do about it.

Is it normal or do I need to alert my doctor right away?

I wasnt sure what this was so did a bit of research. Wanted to post a quote but there was a lot to read...here's the link for what I found hope this helps

https://www.babycentre.co.uk/pregnancy/antenatalhealth/physicalhealth/pelvicpain/#8

that doesnt sound like spd, as spd is usually in the middle of the pubic bone and i have it in my back as well (sacroilliac) i cant lift one leg to put trousers on whilst standing up, i click when i move and the pain feels like im going to snap.

I wasnt sure what this was so did a bit of research. Wanted to post a quote but there was a lot to read...here's the link for what I found hope this helps

https://www.babycentre.co.uk/pregnancy/antenatalhealth/physicalhealth/pelvicpain/#8

Thanks honey. :) Good information on that article. :flower:

that doesnt sound like spd, as spd is usually in the middle of the pubic bone and i have it in my back as well (sacroilliac) i cant lift one leg to put trousers on whilst standing up, i click when i move and the pain feels like im going to snap.

Thank you- I read in an article that it gets worse the further along you get but that it is normal to feel slight pain in that area when your body is releasing the relaxins that cause your pelvic bone to weaken and loosen up.

I will be asking my doctor on Wednesday but in the meantime thought I'd get your reviews. It's definitely not in the center, it's off to the left side.

p.s. I hope you get feeling better soon. Good luck.

When i had it with my last LO the only way i could explain mine was like my pubic bone grinding against the bone :shrug: could not widen my legs apart or lift one without really bad pain that got worse as i got further on in pregnancy. Did get to the point i couldnt walk without struggling with pain.

Hope i dont get it this time i really do its horrible.

When i had it with my last LO the only way i could explain mine was like my pubic bone grinding against the bone :shrug: could not widen my legs apart or lift one without really bad pain that got worse as i got further on in pregnancy. Did get to the point i couldnt walk without struggling with pain.

Hope i dont get it this time i really do its horrible.

Wow, this doesn't sound at all like what I'm feeling. I'm so sorry you ladies had/have to go through this. :hugs:

I hope this annoying pain isn't the beginning of it as I'm still early along but I will ask my doctor and hopefully she can tell me one way or the other.

Could it be that round ligament pain? Read about it in my pregnancy book, common after 12 weeks x

Could it be that round ligament pain? Read about it in my pregnancy book, common after 12 weeks x

I don't know, I always thought round ligament pain was very sharp and quick, not a dull pressured pain. But I guess anything is possible!

Hi Olivetree,

I had posted a thread about this too. We are very close in dates and it looks like the pain appeared around the same time for both of us. I have similar pains on the left side just near the groin. The pain is in the bone, not muscle. I also feel some pain when I turn in bed and that is centered right in the middle of my pubic bone. I am a bit worried that this might get worse over time. I plan on seeing a Chiropractor about this. I am also attending yoga for pregnant women. I hope both of these can help. What are you planning on trying?

theres a thread in pregnancy club thats a HUGE support thread with lots of good advise i'll go bump it then post the link here

https://www.babyandbump.com/pregnancy-club/219322-spd-pgp-support-thread-154.html

heres the link

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->