What can't he have?

KrisKitten

Reaction score
I'd like to start making home made baby food, but i just wanted to check - is there anything he isnt allowed?
Like meats etc?
Coz the hienz baby food purees include chicken and pork and beef etc...but can i make foods like that for him at home while hes so young?
Is there anything that should be avoided?
Or anything you would highly reccomend?
Thanks so much, sorry for all the questions :flower: xxxx

the list of what is and isn't allowed does seem to vary from country to country

Off the top of my head these were what we were told to wait on with Hannah:

egg whites (high allergy risk)
peanut butter (or anything with nuts in it) for the same reason
strawberries (though we didn't)
and of course no salt in their food

next time I'll hold off on Kiwi and tomatoes just because Hannah has had some reaction to those

we introduced meat around 6.5 to 7 months I guess? :shrug: wasn't told to hold off on it but I introduced fruits and veggies first

are you looking at doing BLW or TL? that will affect what you're told :rofl:

for us we did TL

we started on veg purees and baby cereal and I introduced one item at a time (waiting 3-5 days before the introduction of the next). After she'd tried them all and had no reactions I started to mix things together

If you are making purees and freezing them it's very simple to steam some veggies and blend it until smooth. For fruit some of it you need to steam to get softer (apples etc) but some can be given as is as a finger food because it's very soft

For first finger foods we did banana pieces, cheese sticks, toast fingers, steamed veggies (butternut squash and pumpkin make really good finger foods once cooked as does broccoli), pastas

He is on purees atm, though most meal times i give him something off my plate to "play" with.
Well we have a load of Heinz baby food jars, but afte that i want to make them at home and wev just been working through these.
Hes had sweet potato & beef pie, pasta bolognaise, strawberry and peaches something, and apple and pear cream fool (i think)
And no problems with any,
neither me nor his dad or anyone in our family hae any allergies at all so is it likely he will?
Or does it not matter and im talking rubbish :haha: xxxx

I do BLW & we have no real history in the family of food allergies etc. The only big no-no's as far as I'm concerned are honey (there is a risk of infant botulism if given before 1 year old) and whole nuts/whole grapes due to the choking hazard.

I could be wrong but I believe that if you have no history of food allergies than your LO probably won't as well. We did give Hannah egg whites before a year and she was fine (though we were told to wait) and of course the strawberries

the two things she has had a reaction to (tomatoes and kiwi) I had the same reaction to tomatoes as a baby and her grandmother on his dad's side is allergic to kiwi (wish they'd told me this one BEFORE I gave them to her :dohh:)

one good recipe that a lot of people I've given it to seem to like (and Hannah loves) is spinach spaghetti

ingredients:

1 bunch steamed baby spinach
1 cup cottage cheese
1 cup cheddar cheese (or to taste)

put it in the blender and puree it, freezes well in ice cube trays. I serve it with elbow macaroni noodles. Even though Hannah mostly eats what we eat now she still has this about once a week :D

oooh thank you!
Im a huge lover of spinach so wev always got some in :D
I thought they werent meant to have cheese too young though?
lol...so many people say different things i never know what to believe :haha:
Is he able to have that now? xxx

Hannah had it around 6.5/7 months? she is fine with it though it can cause constipation so you might want to introduce small amounts in the beginning :)

oooh
Thank u :)
Hannah is beautiful btw, shes gonna be so pretty when shes older :) xxx

the only quick tip with meat is when we started introducing it to G (also Trad weaning and then some finger foods to pllay with) is to boil it, we boiled some chicken fillet cubes and then purees it with some steamed apple - it turned out great

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->