what causes weird periods?

jenniferttc1

mommy of 1 baking #2
Reaction score
Af started tuesday morning, the day after I had a papsmear monday around 4. I bled not heavy, but not spotting for 2 days, and it stopped thursday morning or wed. night. I had sex with OH friday night and I had an hour of pink spotting, and then nothing. Had sex again saturday night and same thing happend. Seems like everytime something goes it, it makes me bleed. If you want some extra info. My period are 5 days. first two days heavy bleeding, the next to normal flow, and last is very light. I'm just trying to figure out what could cause this so I can help it.

Mine can be like that. AF is always 3 days, but all are pretty light. If we have sex right after CD3, it's not uncommon for me to spot. I've never thought to worry about it though.

Mine can be like that. AF is always 3 days, but all are pretty light. If we have sex right after CD3, it's not uncommon for me to spot. I've never thought to worry about it though.

I say you got it pretty lucky! lol .mine are always 5 days, with very heavy bleeding. I guess I'll just wait till next cycle to see how it plays out. Of course this happens the cycle i had to start birthcontrol for 2 months. Just started my first pill tonight, so that wasnt the reason it was so light and only after intercourse.

Sometimes spotting is very likely in pregnancy. Have you ruled that out?
If you have then maybe you have strange bleeding habits, haha. I remember I use to bleed heavy for two days, stop for a day then spot for the rest. If you're not concern then I wouldn't worry. But if it gets too heavy contact your doctor. I'm sure they can get you information on it.

I say you got it pretty lucky! lol .mine are always 5 days, with very heavy bleeding. I guess I'll just wait till next cycle to see how it plays out. Of course this happens the cycle i had to start birthcontrol for 2 months. Just started my first pill tonight, so that wasnt the reason it was so light and only after intercourse.
Yeah, I won't complain, LOL. Mine used to be heavier before I was on BC for 9 years. To prevent migraines, I was on continuous active pills for much of that time. I would go off them every so often to have a "period" but not more than a few times a year. If it bothers you, you can ask to do 28 day active pill packets, where there is no placebo. Just something to consider.

Incidentally, it never impacted my fertility. I went right into 28 day cycles after stopping the pill and cenceived my oldest on the first try. I was always on loestrin (sp?) because the other stuff made me crazy.

I'm always worried about pregnancy with my history , We started ttc in begining of december of 2009, and november i had a normal period, and missed december so i tested and negative, spotted for a day or 2 in january and still negative hpt, febuary I had a blood test done since doctor suggested it, and it came back positive. I still tested with hpt's for a month after finding out I was pregnant and it was still negative. I miscarried a week before my ultrasound so I have no idea how far along i was. I'm not too concerned about it, but pregnancy is always in the back of my mind when something like this happens.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"