what comes first??

weffi82

Reaction score
Im really struggling to come to terms with the fact that i will be giving birth this time next month. I dont no what it is that bothers me the most but im sure its not the pain. Ive been with my husband for 7 an a half years an in that time i have never broken wind in front of him so i would say i am probably quite prudish so i am a bit worried about how he is going to cope with all the mess an nastyness (were having a home birth). Or maybe i am worried for myself about what he is going to see! Anyways what i was wondering was what comes 1st, broken waters or labour pain! If i get labour pains 1st i can prepare for the embarasing gush of breaking waters. I just dont feel like i am going to be able to cope with any of this, what if i cant get the baby out! So many things going through my head i feel likes its going to explode!!!!:wacko:

Unfortunately the answer to that seems to be "it depends". Some people have lots of contractions without their waters breaking (some even have to have waters broken manually) where as others have waters break without warning and have to wait a while for contractions to start.

As JayDee said it completely depends on each person. I actually thought your waters going first was the least common way for it to start.

Have you considered trying to break some of the boundries you have with your OH now? Maybe it's time you started farting in front of him!

I think during labour the lastbthing you need to be worrying about is how your OH feels! I made mine watch some birth videos on YouTube (even though I refuse!) I think it's made him much more aware of what he will experience!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"