What contains raw egg?

bump#1

Reaction score
Ah i'm having a mare. My paranoia is insane, I have no idea what contains raw egg so naturally i'm freaking out whenever OH suggests we eat something that contains eggs in the ingrediants.

Can anyone help ease my craziness by telling my what contains raw egg as i'm clueless :shrug:

The reason they ask you to avoid raw eggs is because of salmonelle. If you are in the UK, most eggs these days are Lion eggs (with the little lion stamp on them), where the chickens are guaranteed not to have salmonella, so there is no risk of you getting it.

hi! i know home-made mayonnaise can contain raw eggs and some other home made stuff like ice cream and custard. i wouldn't make my own of any of those so it wouldn't be a problem for me! also, things that contain undercooked egg are apparently not ok either, like meringue. and apparently some sorbet and mousse too...

argh, so much to think about!!

https://tickers.baby-gaga.com/p/dev097pr___.png

i know. I went shopping yesterday and was reading the back of everything box, tin and package. Poor OH he will go mad. I bought some ready made custard yesterday and there were no eggs in the ingredients - which is good as it was one of the only items I bought that I could see myself eating without feeling nausea :)

as long as its not homemade, it should be ok hun..oooh your 6 weeks and 1 day !! yay:happydance:

Eggs are fine - don't get hung up on it!!!
Think about it - have you ever been ill from eating an egg?

homemade mayo and ice cream and things like that. But as long as your using the red lion eggs youre absolutely fine :) x

Pretty much everything from a supermarket with egg in it is fine. They wouldn't be able to sell it if it wasn't. Mayo from a supermarket is fine. If there's any raw ingredients, they are pasturised.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->