what contraception?

Aphrodite

Reaction score
Hi all, Im having a nightmare with my cycles and contraception and not sure what to use.

.I was put on cerazette 8 weeks after having my second son (in June last year). I came off it in April as I was fed up of constant spotting. I had a break for around 4 months but in that time I was having migraines in the build up to every period and my ovulation pains were immensely uncomfortable and painful, feeling bloated, in pain, sweaty and generally unwell for around 4 days. The migraines could drag on for over a week, then I was bleeding for around 6 days. So I was only really getting a week at best per cycle where I felt normal!

I went back on the pill 3 weeks ago and have been spotting for the last week. Ive also been feeling anxious and having mood swings and after some research Ive realised that this pill was making me feel like this the whole of the time I was on it before too.So Ive decided to come off it, Im not going back on it again. But now Im stuck. I cant do the pill as this was the only one I could have due to my migraines. If we just used condoms Im feeling like crap most of the month. The coil is still hormonal based so Im not sure if this will have similar affects on me to the pill.I dont know where else to go does anyone have any suggestions? I dont know what to use. We werent very good at using condoms before DH was pulling out but this wasnt very satisfying for either of us.

I'd be happy to NTNP but dh wants to wait a bit.

I don't know if you can get it in your country, but I use qlaira. It does have both hormones, but is a very light combination pill and also goes along with your natural hormones. I had the exact same problem as you and after using this pill I had none since. I had no side effects apart from bigger boobs. Lol

Ooh I could do with bigger boobs, bf destroyed them! I haven't heard of qlaira but think ill book an appointment wih the nurse and ask her about it.

So far I heard it is the one contraception with the least side-effects. Also heard about many deaths with yasmin due to bloodclotting and seizures. I don't know how true that is, but it was what I heard. Also heard many people complaing about cerazette.

I can't take hormonal birth control either. I use a diaphragm and we haven't had any issues. I actually really like it. No interruptions like with condoms and I can't even feel it. I wear it every time we have sex though, so if you think you would forget to put it in I wouldn't recommend it. It obviously won't work if it's not there ;)

So far I heard it is the one contraception with the least side-effects. Also heard about many deaths with yasmin due to bloodclotting and seizures. I don't know how true that is, but it was what I heard. Also heard many people complaing about cerazette.

I had planned to reply to the original question but then saw this and have freaked out as I'm on Yasmin and was never told about many deaths although I am aware that blod clotting is a risk with any pill.

Where did you hear about the death?

I had planned to reply to the original question but then saw this and have freaked out as I'm on Yasmin and was never told about many deaths although I am aware that blod clotting is a risk with any pill.

My one friend that is a nurse told me once and also my one friend that is an OT. I also knew blood clots are a risk with any pill, but didn't know about the high risk with Yasmin. I just didn't use yasmin because I felt nauseaus all the time and had extreme headaches and panick attacks. So I wasn't surprised when they told me this. The only problem with qlaira is that you can have spotting if you don't drink it more or less the same time or have to take antibiotics. I've been to my gynae 2 months ago and she also said that this was the only complaint from her other patients that use the same contraception.

Please don't go on the info regarding the Yasmin without consulting your doctor. I heard this and although they are medical professionals they could not show me the statistics.

My one friend that is a nurse told me once and also my one friend that is an OT. I also knew blood clots are a risk with any pill, but didn't know about the high risk with Yasmin. I just didn't use yasmin because I felt nauseaus all the time and had extreme headaches and panick attacks. So I wasn't surprised when they told me this. The only problem with qlaira is that you can have spotting if you don't drink it more or less the same time or have to take antibiotics. I've been to my gynae 2 months ago and she also said that this was the only complaint from her other patients that use the same contraception.

Please don't go on the info regarding the Yasmin without consulting your doctor. I heard this and although they are medical professionals they could not show me the statistics.

Are you in the US?

Not considered a diaphragm, sorry for being ignorant, but where would I get one? Gp, or chemist?

I think you should be measured first to get the right size first? Not sure though. Lol

Not considered a diaphragm, sorry for being ignorant, but where would I get one? Gp, or chemist?

I went to my OB/Gynocologist and they fitted me for one. Then they ordered for me. i use the diaphragm with a lactic acid based spermicide called contragel which i order online

Gah cerazette is the worst. These things that make you bleed are only good contraceptives because they ruin the 'romantic mood' :lol:

We use the pull out method and have done for almost 2 years, thus far it has been successful :) we find it the best for us. I guess you need to weigh up the options against what you're comfortable with. If you're happy to NTNP but your OH isn't, would you both consider pulling out? Or just pulling out during your fertile window? (assuming you know when this is)

I can also only use certain contraceptives due to migraines, so I was put on depo and it has been horrific! I bought a persona monitor, it basically tracks your hormones and tells you when it is safe to have unprotected sex, and when to use contraception. It is 94% effective, so pretty good, and the longer you use it for, the better it gets (and the less possible fertile days you will get!) - in the first month you test 16 days, and 8 per month after that. We are pulling out on red days and just finishing normally on other days.

I am so excited to use a contraception which is non hormonal!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->