What did you eat today? Quarantine edition

sequeena

Winging it.
Reaction score
Thought this could give us some ideas on what to make and how to stretch things further.

B - coffee
L - toasted red onion and chive bagel with cheese and chicken slices, bag of cheese and onion crisps
D - will be leftover shredded gammon and chicken, leftover garlic and parmesan mash, carrots and peas, stuffing, yorkshire pudding and gravy

Thomas
B - bowl of shreddies
L - billy bear sandwich (crusts cut off which were then fed to the dog), grapes, fridge raiders, cheese string
D - will be chicken dippers and chips because he is a fussy sod.
Snacks - so far a mini cake bar and a babybel

I realise my sons diet is not high in fruit and veg - he is special needs and has quite a rigid diet. He won't eat anything that's not his safe foods.

Me;
B - Bagel, scrambled egg and smoked salmon
L - toast with peanut butter and jam
D - not sure yet, I'll see what the others feel like

DS
B - cinnamon bagel with butter
L - mozzarella sticks
D - TBC

This may seem really obvious but I've discovered that roasting or slow cooking meat and then shredding it instead of slicing it makes it go further.

That's a good idea. I've never thought of that :)

I haven't been able to find any potatoes or eggs for days now!

Breakfast: cereals and a slice of toast for the boys, protein porridge pot for me.

Lunch: Sandwiches and MrKipling Chocolate Slice for the boys, two Biscoff Lotus biscuits each for Nick and me with coffee and tea.

Dinner will be: meatballs from the freezer stash with pasta for the boys, cauliflower cheese for me.

Breakfast - Toast and a banana

Lunch - egg on toast

Snack - crisps, strawberries

Dinner - chicken curry with rice

And numerous cups of tea!

Hope you find some eggs and potatoes soon!!

B - coffee (I'm not really a breakfast person)
L - ham and cheese toasted bagel with bbq sauce. Bag of crisps
D - bacon, leek and pea pasta bake (used creme fraiche for the sauce). Had some dried chilli flakes in it too. Garlic bread

Thomas

B - peanut butter on toast
L - ???? Didn't want anything
D - some of the pasta bake (much complaining about the spice but he ate the majority)
Supper - bowl of shreddies (making up for lunch I guess)
S - cheese string, grapes, cashew nuts, mini cake bar

Sean restocked on fruit today - grapes, strawberries, apples and watermelon so hopefully thomas will be eating more fruit tomorrow.

Today :

Breakfast - toasted tiger bread

Lunch - chicken sandwich

Dinner - spaghetti bolognese

Breakfast: Cereal and toast for the boys, All bran and some yoghurt for me.

Lunch: Pitta bread with houmous, cucumber, carrot sticks and cherry tomatoes for the boys, beans on toast for me.

Dinner: the boys had franks and beans, Nick is having a Chilli con carne ready meal and I am having a veggie mash.

Snacks: Pombears, yoyos and lotus biccies for the boys, greek yogurt and toast for me

B - coffee
L - ham and cheese toasted bagels (2 ) bag of crisps. I really am a creature of habit
D - sean roasted a turkey leg so he did it with mash, roasted carrots and gravy
S - so much chocolate

Thomas
B - nothing again
L - billy bear sandwich (no crusts), strawberries and grapes, cheese string
D - turkey and mash
S - babybel, cashew nuts, 2 rainbow cookies, mini twister ice lolly

Breakfast - toasted tiger bread

Lunch - chicken salad sandwich

Snack - banana

Dinner - chicken sweet and sour

B: cereals and toast for my boys, toast and poached egg for me

L: My menfolk had pitta bread, houmous, avocado, cucumber and cherry tomatoes, dessert was a mini cupcake each. I had a toasted Bagel, one half with avocado and one with melted protein cheese.

S: Lotus biscoff biccies, yoyos, green pombears.

D: The men had pasta with franks. Dessert was half a chocolate doughnut for each boy. I ended up having veggie soup and toast.

Hope you manage to get some eggs and potatoes soon!

B - Cereal
L - Picnic lunch sandwiches crisps etc
D - Spaghetti Bolognese
Snacks - digestives , yoghurts , bananas ,

I did get eggs yesterday! It felt like a mini lottery win and I handled that carton with unusal care! LOL!

Yay for eggs!!

B - coffee
L - toasted bagel with ham, cheese and American mustard (lol I am now out of bagels). Bag of crisps
D - spaghetti bolognese. Sean could only get pork and beef mince. Honestly I am not a fan.
S - bag of chocolate covered pretzels. Oops

Thomas
B - slice of toast with nutella
L - billy bear sandwich, watermelon, grapes, strawberries, babybel, cashew nuts
D - chicken nuggets and chips
S - 2 bowls of ice cream (just don't ask), 2 vegan chocolate cookies

B: boys had cereals, I had weetabix with 0% greek yoghurt and fresh raspberries

L: Pitta bread, houmous et al for my men, baby potatoes with protein cheese and cucumbers on the side for me. Mango for the boys as a dessert.

D: Fish fingers and chicken nuggets with fries for the men, fish fingers with veggie mash for me.

S: willl be the usual choice between toast, pombears, yoyo, ritz mini crackers, mini party rings, mini jammie dodgers or biscoff lotus biccies.

B - coffee
L - cheese, ham and American mustard toastie and a bag of crisps :rofl:
D - slow cooker sausage and bean casserole (Schwartz seasoning packet) with mash

Thomas
B - 2 slices of toast, 1 with nutella and 1 with peanut butter
L - he didn't want anything but we went for a lovely 2 hour long walk and when we got back he had watermelon, strawberries, grapes, babybel and cashew nuts whilst I finished making dinner
D - same casserole and mash. He actually ate it all! Ok I had to spoon feed him at the end but he did it. Ice cream for dessert.

Breakfast - banana

Lunch - egg on toast

Dinner - hunters chicken and veg

Snack - crisps

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583