• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

What do braxton hicks feel like?

baby D

Joshua and Amelia x
Reaction score
Hi ladies.

Just wondered if anyone can describe what braxton hicks feel like? It's just i've been getting a 'hard' sensation in my tummy now and then - it doesn't last very long and its not painful (is it meant to be?) but the feeling makes my bump 'feel' more obvious - I notice its there more - if that makes any sense! :rofl:

Any descriptions would be great - just so i know what i am looking for!

:hug: to you all. Hope you are all happy and well xx

I think I had my first feel of Braxton Hicks last night! My bump just got hard and felt like it was stretching - really weird but not at all painful. Apparently the uterus contracts from 6 wks (although you wouldn't feel them until much later of course!)

My braxton hicks felt just like that - mine weren't painful at all last time - it was just a tightening of the stomach and made my stomach feel hard to the touch. I started feeling them around 17 weeks. Doctor said possibly because I worked out alot and they're worse after exercise or exertion...

I have been freeling the same tightening/hardening of the tummy lately, good to know what it is!

I didnt have them With my son untill real late on , They were quiet painfull but not bad enough for me to stop in my tracks ..
A real tight uncomfertable feeling , If that makes any sense lol . xx .

I think they feel like the baby is trying to push its way out thru the top/front of your bump in an attempt to escape 'alien' style!!! I actually thought that it was baby's back pushing until I had one at an ante-natal appt and my MW told me it was BH.

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"