what do braxton hicks feel like?

MrsQ

Mummy to Mikey and bump
Reaction score
I didnt have them (i dont think) with my son.

But yesterday my stomach felt all like a ball all tight and heavy cant remember how long as didnt note it down as hadnt even occured to me it could be braxton hicks?

My tummy has a massive layer of fat around lol so i woulndt feel it go hard on the outside?

Can anyone shed any light?

That sounds about right :) I have many throughout the day its a tightening and squeezing I get some tell tale tingles before it comes full on lol

am i not a bit early to be getting them? eeeeeek

Yea that's it. :thumbup: it gets all tight and for me feels hard on the outside and can feel quite uncomfortable.

am i not a bit early to be getting them? eeeeeek

I dont know, what I do know is that you get them earlier with each pregnancy. I started having mine at 19 weeks, if you are worried bring it up at your next appointment :)

That sounds about right :) I have many throughout the day its a tightening and squeezing I get some tell tale tingles before it comes full on lol

What she said exactly - tightening with tell-tale tingles to go with. Sometimes it might hurt a tiny bit, but nothing serious.

I get the same tingles when baby pushed up against my abdomen, but then it's only hard on one side!

Check with your doctor if you think it's early to feel them, but I've heard it varies how early you feel them and 2+ pregnancies feel them earlier.

And yeah, there will still be a layer of soft around the hard if your belly usually has some softness to it. I have that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->