What do I do now to help things along?

Mummy_Mac

Expecting 2nd
Reaction score
I was 39 weeks on Monday and had a sweep during which I was told I was 2cm dialated and 50% effaced - midwife said if she was at the hospital she could of broke my waters! Had a vigorous sweep which gave me bleeding and backache almost straight away.

Went out to do shopping with my daughter and was having backache and cramping with some contractions on and off all day - had a bath and went to bed expecting to wake up in full blown labour but today all I have had is more sporadic backaches as well as fewer contractions but I have had some more old blood and the tops of my legs are killing me! I also have felt randomly sick on and off all day too

My main query is what do I do? Should I resume normal labour inducing activities ie walking sex etc or do I just wait it out till my next sweep on Monday?

I have been in latent labour for over a week before I had the sweep so we kind of expected it all to kick off!

Yep! Walk, bounce have sex. Scrub the floors. Good luck Hun. Hopefully little one won't keep you wanting much longer x

I had my little guy yesterday.
On sunday I went to work (5hour shift) went out and walked the mall with hubby and DD, then had sex at about 11pm.
Woke up and used the potty at about 3am, laid back down to sleep, and my waters started to trickle out.

Good luck!

I thought the same thing when I had my sweep I'd been so close for a week or so I thought a sweep would kick start things. 2 days after my sweep I started having bloody plug loss and I was very sore and achey went for a walk and as I was getting my toddler ready for bed started having bh after watching t.v. for a bit with my husband I got up to use the bathroom and boom contractions hit. By the sounds of it I'd say you're well on ur way

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->