What do I do?

Sarah88

Full time working mummy
Reaction score
Savannahs feeding less and less now she's on solids, I thought it would be great not having her eat every 2 hours; but now it means she's waking during the night again. I could handle this if I wasn't working 4 days a week but I am. If I make her eat, like put her to the breast as much as I can and pretty much force her to eat then she'll sleep through but I'm not sure it's right. I know she won't eat if she's not hungry but she doesn't seem to want to eat.
Like this morning, she ate at 6, went back down and woke at 9. She would not eat at all until maybe 10 or s, that was with me trying alot too. She only coz we were all having brekkie and I gave her some apple and then put her to the breast. It's 2pm and she's only had 2 milk feeds, normally she would have had more; could also be that she's been asleep since 11 (yay for me getting 2 hrs sleep as well).
My question is should I be forcing her to have more milk? How many bottles does a 6.5 month old have or should be having?

My Caitlin has never liked her milk ...Is she weaning on foods now too or just milk baby still? Sorry wasn't sure?

As Caitlin started weaning her bottles would drop less :dohh: which concerned me but I made sure she had baby food jars since they have all the goodness in baby should have, yoggys etc

I've not breastfed though so unsure how that works on the milk feeds so may be totally useless to you x

Thats actually really weird that she is waking in the night. Have you tried just offering the breast? Sometimes at that age I think they get really distracted in the day time, eating solids can be more "play" for them, so then the bottle or breast isnt of interest.

Jasmine is really hard to feed now, but honestly I just stick with it and she eventually settles and drains her bottles. She likes to squirm and turn her head looking at other things etc. Its a huge pain in the butt.

The only other thing I can think is that solids provide more energy for them moving around... I make sure Jasmine is kept super busy all day (except for naps) in her jolly jumper, excersaucer, playing on the floor, or on her tummy.

Each baby is different with how physical they are at the age. Some babies just really enjoy solids, I have no idea what to suggest... Maybe more finger foods throughout the day? I know that doesnt really help with her bfing, but it might help with the waking?

You know whats super weird? She slept through last night... She only had 5 milk feeds th whole day, and 2 solid foods. Lets hope this continues!

yaaaay hope it continues, maybe she was just having a growth spurt? The other day Jasmine woke at 5am for a feed and she NEVER does... lol... Earliest she eats is usually 8am... So I upped the solids and she went back to normal.

It was a different cycle than a normal growth spurt, for 2 days she slept through, but woke up at 4:30/5 and wouldn't go back to sleep. She just wanted to play not eat, never done that before. it was weird.

lol.. ya that is weird!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->