What do I need to ask the Midwife?

Tinks86

Pregnant - 1st Trimester
Reaction score
Hi ladies,
I have got my first mw appointment on the 20th August. Do I need to take a list of questions with me and if so, what kind of things do I ask? Thanks in advance :) x

Hi there,
Your midwife will guide you through everything! I find sometimes it helps to write questions down because it's so easy to forget things (especially if it's a symptom that doesn't persist)
I would talk to her about under what circumstances would she consult with a doctor, and her procedure for doing a transfer of care in the case of an emergency. Also what pain management they have for you....who will be present at the birth.

No problem! If you happen to be in Canada, feel free to friend me. Midwives are different in every country but I can answer questions as you go!

It depends on where you live? If you are in the UK you will get asked about your history and DH's history too. you will get blood tests and asked if you want the NT testing.

After that really it's down to what you want to know, but do write a list if you have questions, i always forget to ask mine!

As all uk pregnancy's are midwife led with the addition of consultants if required if you want a home birth i believe you have to switch to the home birthing team but i'm sure there are more experienced ladies here than me on that one :thumbup: x

my booking in appointment took 2 hours because the midwife seemed to go through anything i could of asked anyway just through procedure..

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->