what do you all think about..

O

oOskittlesOo

Writing a letter to each of my parents telling them about me being pregnant, and what i plan on doing. I already know what I'm doing, but i think once I'm in front of my dad or mom Ill freeze up.. Is it a bad idea to use a letter? Or will it not matter?

i dont think it is i wrote a letter to my mum and went out for the day do what you think is right aslong as they know then thats the main thing x

*sigh * i think this will be the hardest part is telling them. My dad is going to be excited, by nervous for me. I just dont want him killing my boyfriend. LOL. My mom on the other hand.. Guess we'll see what she has to say.. I'm almost 6 weeks so i know i need to say something.. I've known for almost a week and i the only reason I'm so nervous is i want them to be excited and believe in my boyfriend and i.. the negative stuff us already going to be coming from plenty of others so i don't want it from them too.. its hard because i don't live with my mom right now because we haven't been getting along,

the only think i can say is just take it as it come my mum hasnt seen my son and i dont plan on letting her and my dad has come round to the idea and now loves being a grandad :) im sure they will support you but whatever happens you got to be strong for yourself and your baby to :) x

Thank you:) how old are you? My names site btw! I'm 17 and live in the US in california. I'm starting to get so excited for everything that's going to start happening! Any advice for my long journey i have ahead of me? :)

I wrote my mom a letter. She lives in another state, and I was way too scared to tell her over the phone. Its been about 10 weeks since I told her, and she is sooo excited. She was really hurt at first that I told her in a letter instead of just talking to her about it, and she still talks about how awful that was. I guess its a different situation, since I'm sure you live near or with your parents. I would say go for it though, it was so much easier for me! Good luck!

Thank you. I think I want to write a letter because I kniw I'll chock and not remember whay to say. Lol.

I think that everyone handles telling their parents in a different way. I found it very difficult to tell my mum. I just started crying and blurted out 'I'm pregnant' on the phone. She was very very supportive. I thought she was going to get really angry but she wasn't, she was fine, and responded way better than I could have ever expected. If you tell your parents in person or over the phone, they might respect you as that is something very difficult to do. You could write a list of all the things you want to say to them and memorise it before you talk to them.

However, I also think that writing a letter would also have its own benefits. You would be able to express the situation clearly and tell them everything you want to without interruption. You might be able to portray yourself in a more mature and responsible way in a letter. It really does depend on your parents' personalities. The best thing is just to get it over and done with. It feels like a huge weight has been lifted from you and it's very difficult to have this on your mind. Also, the sooner you tell them, the easier it will be as it won't seem to them like you've been keeping it from them for ages. Good luck x

I was also not living with my mum but this brought us closer together and I chose to move back in with her.

Thats true.. My boyfriend thinks I should wait until my birthday in a few weeks, but both of us are thinking wer won't be able to keep it a secret for that long.I may write the letter for my mom since we dont live together and tell my dad in person, it sucks because it's been all I've been able to think about but dont know the words to say.

Don't wait. I don't think it's a good idea. You'll just keep on going over and over it in your mind and it will really get you down. Just write a rough draft to your mum- get down all the main points that you want to say, and then go back over and edit it until you're confident enough to let her read it.

Thank you:) how old are you? My names site btw! I'm 17 and live in the US in california. I'm starting to get so excited for everything that's going to start happening! Any advice for my long journey i have ahead of me? :)

im 17 i was 16 when i got pregnant tho my names sarah and gave birht on the 20th jan and the only advice i can give is take things as they come i didnt have a easy pregnancy and get all the help you can off whoever you can :) x

I decided to do the same...

And I found that writing out the letter was the hardest part, and it let me get all my emotions out, and it cleared my head a lot! And I managed to tell my parents face to face, which in my opinion is a lot better than doing it by letter!

So maybe its worth you writing the letter and going from there...it may give you the courage to tell them face to face! :flower:

Thanka.now I just need to figure out whati to say on the letter. Whay did your parents say?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->