What do you do in the day?

Kina

Reaction score
I'm feeling really guilty as I'm stuck at home most of the time due to the pain that I'm in if we go out and about. This week we went to toddlers on Tuesday, Matt came home early and took Ella to the park for 20 mins yesterday and today we'll go to my mums in the afternoon. The rest of the time we've spent at home in the front room with her toys and CBeebies. I feel like I'm depriving her by not taking her out. We used to go out so much (every day, I had to otherwise she'd just sit and scream at me in the Summer), I don't know what is normal?

Don't feel guilty hun
Me and Jack spend a lot of time indoors mainly because we don't have a park or anything near us and it's blooming cold
we go to tots once a week and the rest of the time is spent playing and stuff
I don't drive which is makes it hard to go out and about and also i have to be back in time for Emily finishing school

It gets better as they get older as there is a lot mor activities we can do with them
Oooh i can't wait for the sticky painting activities :D

Coby goes out in the pram twice a day, but its only to take and pick up the kids from school, apart from that we sit in and play, its to cold to go out, when it starts getting wrmer we will tho.

xx

Oooh me neither! We used to have so many toys like that when we were younger, i.e. playdoh, plasticine, painting etc but we were rarely allowed to get it out because of space/mess. I've been planning where they can play with that sort of stuff already :D

Top tip is to buy cheapy shower curtains ( £2 tesco value)
Just throw it on floor or table and away they go :D Also rolls of backing paper are dead cheap and last ages
Great in summer i just roll it out in Garden

Ive let Emily do stuff like this from when she was little and she still loves it know, she makes all her own card and stuff

dont worry hun, we spend alot of time in the house but the park is getting built on m y road this month so i cant wait. even though the entire street is protesting about it i am the only one that wants it to go ahead :twisted:
we stayed in all day yesterday.
i just try and stick to a routine. wake up watch telletubies. Dior has breakfast Harly has his get washed dressed nap i do house work then they have lunch then about 1pm sit with Dior and draw then we will get building blocks out. then its time to start dinner. then its bath time.
i stayed in all day yesterday. today i am popping to a friends from toddler group. so nothing exciting

kacy will go out with my mum and dad when they have her, like in to town and things like that, when i'm home it depends on if i'm being lazy today the only thing i'm doing is going to get kacy weighed at about 12.30 then at 4.30 going to birchwood to start my food shop until matty finishes work cos he works across the road from asda then we will all go home

hey Kina.

We spend most of our timein the house. I am lucky in that I drive so I can get to people's houses easily. But on days when we don't do that I just either take Seren for a walk, we might go downtown or we play.

I agree with Jo and the messy stuff. Seren loves painting and playing with water and stuff.

I suppose I could do messy stuff with her now in the kitchen, but she's more interested in pulling all the stuff out the cupboards in there! When we move we'll have more space for stuff like that, just sometimes the walls really close in around me in the front room and I wonder if she feels like that too. We can't play in her room at the moment because it's full of stuff for moving i.e. flat packed furniture and laminate. She's been pretty good at the moment, I just feel bad for her. We're going to Crealy again at the weekend and Matt will do all the lifting of her, so that's something I guess.

I must be really crap then! Cause I dont know anyone and we were moving anyway we dont really go out anywhere, just at weekends as a family we visit family or go shopping etc. Although in the summer Iused to have a big rug out in the garden so noah could roll about. But now I have moved as Istart to get on top of the DIY I want to go out more. Im meeting 3 other mums from the net next week in the city, and I will find out about local baby groups etc. So it will get better, but also now Im suffering with painfull hips to much walking is causing me a problem :(

I must be really crap then!
Not at all hun :hugs:. I just don't know what everyone else does - because Ella used to get so stroppy in the summer I HAD to go out every day (whether I wanted to or not). So spending days at home seems really weird. Plus DH seems to have an aversion to CBeebies so I feel really crap for sitting at home with her with the TV on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->