What do you do in the house.....?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Third Trimester' started by Lil C, Dec 16, 2009.

1. Lil C

Lil C Mummy!

.....when you're in labour?
    Just been reading a few birth stories and a lot of people are in labour for a while before the hospital will let them come in.
    So are you in too much pain to do anything or can you do stuff like clean or eat in between contractions? :coffee:
    Oh and did you allow any visitors?

2. Tegans Mama

Tegans Mama home edding mum of 2

Normally you aren't in that much pain in the beginning. With most women it starts gradually and you are encouraged to stay active.

If you want visitors, that's fine. If you want a chinese, that's fine. If you want to do 10 loads of washing and clean the house from top to bottom (including polishing the bannisters on the stairs) that's fine :lol: But whatever you do it is definitely not a good idea to sit around, as this can cause your labour to stall or even stop.

3. Lil C

Lil C Mummy!

Thanks,
    I wouldn't mind my mum and sisters visiting but i can image them all staring at me while i scream in pain every 10/12 minutes! xx

4. Kelz22

Kelz22 Well-Known Member

Thanks for posting this I wanted to know this too :) xxx

5. faun

faun Mum to 2 boys and 1 girl

I managed to cook a birthday cake, hoover the whole house and cook and eat a meal before it got to much to do anything apart from wallow in the bath like a hippo :rofl: So its entirely up to you what you do i found that keeping active really heped with the pain in the first stages of labour.

6. Kelz22

Kelz22 Well-Known Member

Lol now that is what I call being active lol.xxx

7. Tegans Mama

Tegans Mama home edding mum of 2

Obviously your Mum has her own children, does your sister? I am sure they will understand.
    You don't really scream at the start, its more moaning. :lol: In fact at the very beginning normally they just feel like BH with period pains. When you're screaming, unless you are having a home birth you should be in hospital.

8. Lil C

Lil C Mummy!

lol, my older sister had a baby last yr and i popped in to pick up her step daughter and did exactly the same staring thing! She's too nice to tell people the truth but now she keeps threatening to catch me on video camera! :haha:

9. suzib76

suzib76 Well-Known Member

god i wouldnt want to be visited while in labour, but then i wouldnt want lots of visitors here at anytime so i guess thats just me

i went straight to hosp when i went into labour with Leah and she arrived less than 6 hours later, with Jack i was already in hosp when my contractions started - he also was born in 6 hours

10. Lil C

Lil C Mummy!

OOh i hope thats me! Please let it be quick...and painless.......!! :wacko:

11. Jox

Jox 💙💙💙💝

well im going for a home birth so imagine that!!!!

I just imagine pottering about...doing dishes, cooking/eating dinner, watching TV, maybe nipping for a short walk with the dogs if not too painful (have a field 30 secs from my house)

just try and carry on as normal for as long as possible!!

xxx