What do you do with LO's outgrown clothes?

K

kirsten1985

They grow so fast! I have heaps of clothes that are too small for Freya, I keep the nicest/most sentimental bits, and have but some in the oxfam bin up the road, but was wondering what everyone else does?

I tried selling some on ebay, but I don't think it's worth it with postage and everything.

There must be something more helpful/eco friendly that I have not thought of!

:shrug:

To be honest, I've sold all of Deri's...you don't get much for them but at least they're going to second use! Most of his clothes are barely used anyway so it's kind of eco-friendly going to use on another baba!

x

Yeah I guess so, I am saving lots now for friends etc who are having babies, as you say, most are barely used so I don't mind passing them on.

I've done that too! :D

I gave my moses basket/stand (with blankets/sheets to fit) and loadsa newborn/0-3 clothes to a friend who had a LO a few months after me! Made me feel really good actually!! :thumbup:

xx

All mine are sitting in a box in her room... I keep trying to sort through them but only put a handfull of things for the charity shop pile and end up getting nowhere! I might try ebay, but I feel too attached still. Have given a few bits away mind as a friend is having a baby soon, but most people wana buy new. Saving some for no.2 also :blush:

I made this with some of the newborn clothes and my hospital nightie

https://xs142.xs.to/xs142/09355/patchworkquilt1369.jpg

I am keeping some for number 2 :baby:

and some is going to a friend who is due in 18 weeks

I made this with some of the newborn clothes and my hospital nightie

https://xs142.xs.to/xs142/09355/patchworkquilt1369.jpg

I am keeping some for number 2 :baby:

and some is going to a friend who is due in 18 weeks

Oh I love that! I'm going to save some of mine for that now! If only I could sew.....

OMG Lou you are so creative!! I love it! You have given me such good ideas tonight lol! Does it have whadding in or something? I duno if I could cut up her clothes though..

yep wadding in the centre (you can get some good wadding from ebay) and I purchased a good quality cotton fabric for the back.

If you do do it heres a hint for you, wash the wadding (and dry it obviously) before you cut it to avoid shrinkage, and iron the fabric before you cut so they are not wrinkled.

I was so nervous about cutting her clothes but I thought if I didn't do something like this then they would all get passed on eventually. Now I know some will be with us for ever

I will be making a full sized quilt cover and pillow case with her toddler clothes ready for her big girl bed

wow thats a really good idea !!!

i'm personally keeping all of hers for no 2 and family/friends once i'm not having anymore etc i'll keep some tiny ones for dolls etc and give the rest to charity or send off to a 3rd world country :thumbup:

sara

xxxxxxxx

Thanks for the tip! I think Its something I may consider when I get a bit of time! So nice to be able to have abit of all her clothes together, without having to have a wardrobe full x

I can't get rid of any of their baby clothes lol...probably up to size 6mo I have everything unless it was completely ruined. It has now been through all 3 of my boys...adding on some more new with each one. I have them stored in teh garage..maybe one day I'll get rid of them. The older sizes I have kept some stuff but just gave the rest away

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->