What do you do with your babies during the day?

mylittlebubs

Reaction score
Just wondering what everyone else doing with their babies and maybe i can get some good ideas.
My baby is only 2 months and 5 days old so there's not much.
We get up at 6ish, then feed and come to the livign room,put him on his bouncer.
7ish bath time ( we bath everyday here because we live in a hot country )
then try to put him to sleep which might take upto 2 hours sometimes

during the day I try to put him on his tummy for his exercise ( he push his head up ), or lie him in the play gym ( not sure what it's called )
i try to talk to him,sing, play,show him toys and read him stories

5ish feed him before going for a walk

bath him when we get back then he goes to bed at around 8ish pm.

What do you do with your babies ?

On a normal, boring day at home Pierre wakes up between 8 & 8.30am. We play together for a while since he's in a great mood when he wakes up usually. Then he has a bottle and then either sits in his bouncer or in his bouncy play gym thing while I have a shower

(this thing)

https://i274.photobucket.com/albums/jj268/Anita665/51Z6bNZGwzL__SX315_SY375_.jpg

About an hour later he has a bath and gets dressed & then we go downstairs and see Daddy at work.

The rest of his day is usually spent between his bouncy chair, the other bouncy thing, sometimes playing in his cot and going to see everyone working downstairs.

We also go for a walk on some days and once a week spend the day visiting my family or shopping.

Lewis is only 9 weeks old so he has a very short attention span at the moment. :dohh:

In the morning he has nappy off time for about half an hour, he loves being naked and kicking about on his change mat, then he's washed, changed, fed and hopefully has a nap whilst I get ready. :shower:

During the day, between feeds and naps, I sing songs to him, read books, lots of tummy time and even more cuddles. I really wish he liked his bouncy chair but all he does is cry as soon as he's in it! If the weather's nice we'll go for a walk to the shops, but it's coming up to winter so this might be difficult to do, it's bound to rain !!!

In the evening he spends some time with his dad playing on his activity mat, more nappy off time then bath or top to toe wash, change, bottle and bed. :baby:

Hopefully in the next couple of weeks I'm going to start taking him swimming, I just need to get him into more of a routine so I know he won't be hungry or tired when we go.

Lewis is only 9 weeks old so he has a very short attention span at the moment. :dohh:

In the morning he has nappy off time for about half an hour, he loves being naked and kicking about on his change mat, then he's washed, changed, fed and hopefully has a nap whilst I get ready. :shower:

My baby also has short attention but he start to look around and see lots of things now. Last week was the first time he actually saw the dogs ( we have 2 dogs ). He;s awake a lot during the day,only sleeps about 2 hours or so,like 15 min here and there.

He also loves to be naked, so almost every day when it's hot ( normally at noon ) i would leave him naked for a few hours.

Today is the first time he found his hands,so cute and he's been sucking his hand a lot:baby:

I don't know if you get them out there (and you're meant to wait til around 3 months too) but I've found Alasdair's bumbo a great help! I just pop him in it and can do all sorts of fun chores (!) while he watches. As long as I keep talking to him he's quite happy to stay in it :)

Waking up at 7a.m. ,she feeds,naps but she is very very active...I play with her,cuddle,read to her,she hangs around her bouncer and sometimes we go for a walk or when I simply go to the store I take her with me so she kicks around. :)

Well Elliot's just over a month old now, and only just starting to get into a 'routine' as such.

He'll get up between 6-7am for a feed, nappy change and i'll get him dressed (washed first). He'll then usually sleep for a couple of hours, before wanting a cuddle and then feed again and another nappy change lol. He'll go about 3 hours between feeds in the day, so about 6am, 9am and then 12 lunch time. I usually then go out as soon as he's had his lunchtime feed as i know he usually has a good sleep then and i can see friends/shop etc.

I'll usually get home for 3pm, so i can feed and change him. He'll then either go in his bouncy chair thing, or a new thing for us-lie on his play mat (hes only just begining to see the dangly toys but gets easily distracted!). This leads up to when his dad gets back from work, and then its a bit hit and miss. Elliot tends to be more hungry on an evening and likes to play/be hugged etc (usually when we want our tea, and bath etc lol so take it in turns to entertain him).

We've noticed now-elliot will feed between 8-9 ish and then go down to sleep in his cot untill 1am. Feed and then back to sleep untill 6ish (but can vary depending if hes having a growth spurt and then will need an extra feed!).

On the weekend things can vary a bit-as hubby is at hoem and we go out in the day shopping, lunch or visit relatives etc.

keely.

ps-cant wait untill he can interact more and so on!

7-8am, out of bed, 3oz bottle, bum change, back to sleep untill 9-10, bath straight away, dressed.. The rest of the day is out of my hands :dohh: Normally in bed by 8pm. Don't get out of bed during the nights, wakes up for alot of boobie though. During the day is mostly just food naps bum changes and playing..

Get up about 8-9ish, nappy change, bottle, nap around 11ish. Another bottle, nap at 1.30 till 2, 2.30-2.45 go for a walk, has another nap about 3-3.30. 6 is bathtime, dinner at 6.30 (baby rice and bottle) bed between 8-8.30

we have a really really good routine now

7.30 - mummy gets up, showers and feeds ffion
8.00 - daddy gets rhys up
8.15 till 9.00 breakfast with mummy and daddy, daddy leave for work and mummy get the kids dressed
9.00 - 'tv time' - something special signing programme for 20minutes
9.30 till 11.00 - 'activcty time' either playgroup or arts n crafts or a playdate with snack at some point
11.00 - 'productive play' learning numbers,sounds,words whilst ffion naps
12.00 - lunch
1.00 - 'tv time' - something special signing programme for 20minutes whilst mummy cleans dishes
1.00 - ffion nap
2.00 - rhys nap whilst ffion has one on one time with mummy
3.30 - 'toy play' mummy gets the toys out until daddy gets home from work or 'out and about' to the park/the lake/into town
5.30 - dinner
7.00 - bath, massage,story
8.00 - bed

we spend our days doing all different things, when we're home, we play, sing, she sits in her bumbo/bouncers/swing/playmat/jumperoo etc, i'll do the housework and she watches me and we 'chat' :cloud9:
most days we go out - round to my mums or shopping mainly, we go to the supermarket or into town and walk round the shops, i love driving to the big shopping malls :) we meet friends and have lunch and sometimes we have friends over.
you sound like your doing a great job with your LO, its hard at first but gradually it gets easier and easier :hugs:

We get BabyFirst TV (THANK GOODNESS!) so she goes into her swing after her feed and dressing and watches that while I feed, shower and dress, lol. Then we play in the exersaucer, read, go for drives and take naps together.

Asher is 5 months almost so we play stand up and sit up with help, and in his standup excersaucer for a bit and in his swing watching sports with daddy....loves hockey.....he can see the players against the white ice lol.....go for walks, have bath, try to eat real food, play in his playmat gym....just whatever comes natural....w/e he seems to like at the moment....still naps a few times a day but is a cat napper....bed at 7....up at 7is

gosh Maiyas only 5 weeks so not much going on but wakes up about 7-9 ish boobies for hours, quick wash dress downstairs, I forgot I had a swing thingy its amazing so she goes in that for awhile and slowly drifts off, now shes waking up for longer periods I trying to keep her busy without over stimulateding her, so I sing pull funny faces cuddles lots and lots of cuddles play with the most basic toy which is a black and white monkey whos feet crinkle god she loves that thing wait for daddy to get home, then cuddles and play with daddy then bath time only every other day which she loves I put the towel in the tumble dryer and when she gets out snuggle her in it usually relaxes her and fingers crossed drifts off into a lovley sleep( in an ideal world) but usually its crying because of pooing and farting and has to go upstairs with mummy for cuddles on my chest before falling alseep and fingers crossed being able to pick her up and put her in the moses basket without waking her hehe

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->