what do you do?

kirstyloo82

Reaction score
it might be a bit risky asking this given some of the recent posts, but i am genuinely interested to know what other mums do.

when your lo is just quiet in their cot/crib etc, awake but not crying or anything do you just leave them? if you do how long? my lo had just finished a feed and was sleepy so lay her in her crib, i have been pottering around and just checked her, well she is wide awake but seems content there, i need to get some stuff done so have left her there. i feel guilty for it, but if i dont i seriously wouldnt get things done. what do you do?

If he's happy by himself in his crib I leave him. If he's happy why bother him?
Danny spends 30 min. nearly every morning talking to his feet.

If she's happy and content then I would get stuff done. Charlotte will wake up and sit and entertain herself for an hour or so in the morning before she's ready to get out. If you get them used to it now it'll be easier when they're older

I leave Brooke to do her own thing for a little while too ... as long as they are content i dont see the harm in it

I leave Grace to do her own thing in the day too. Babies need to learn to play by themselves as well or you'll never get anything done :)

Same as PP as long as there content i dont c the harm, i think it does them good to learn to play on their own.

Upto this point, I tried to spend LO's every waking moment with him, either playing or talking because I felt guilty just leving him, thinking he might be bored or lonely. And well, he proved me wrong today. I had him on he couch and he seemed quite happy to just hang out. I got up close to talk to him and he started crying. I moved away and he went back to being happy again. I guess he just needed some time to himself. So now I know it's ok to leave them be if they are content :)

if they are happy there enough to let you get on with things theres nothing wrong with it, i do it - it's pretty much the only chance i get to do the housework/wash my hair or whatever

im the same as all the others il leave him until hes crying or miserable xx

I leave him to babble to the animals on his sheets, I just keep the monitor with me

I would def just leave them, they are obviously happy and content or they wouldn't be laying their quiet. They will let you know if they get bored

I'd leave kyle lying in his cot with his mobile on and a toy or two to get things done, didnt often get alot done but it was worth trying!

I leave Hebe in her cot if she's happy while I maybe stick some washing on or what ever. I put her in there playing and I went and pegged out this morning and my nephew came with me and held the monitor. :)

the other morning i heard luisa sneeze and cough.. i got up to check she wasnt sick (paronoid as she has had bad reflux :(

and she was awake but happily just looking around...

she hadnt been sick so i got back into bed waited till she started making a bit of noise (about 20 mins later) dont see the harm ifr like others have said she is content,,,

I leave AJ there as long as he is content, he's loving his feet ATM.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->