What do you eat for breakfast?

jgirl7

Reaction score
I've never been a breakfast eater, but I know how important it is to eat breakfast. Since being pregnant I've made every effort to eat SOMETHING for breakfast, but I get up soooo early (4:30) and nothing sounds good. I try to eat a piece of bread or something before going to zumba in the mornings, but I am starving when I get out of zumba. Then I could eat anything, but I then have to hurry to get to work. I need some good on-the-go breakfast suggestions. Any ideas?

My cravings vary. I had fish and chips for breakfast last week.

This morning I had some roasted peaches and greek yogurt with honey.
Fried egg sandwiches are pretty quick to make and you can eat them on the go. A couple of weeks ago I made a fantastic quiche and would cut off a slice for breakfast and eat it cold. It was REALLY good. Fruit, fruit salad, oatmeal, grilled cheese. A lot of these can be prepared in advance or the night before so that you can grab it and eat it on the go. The grilled cheese can be prepared the night before and just pop into a panini press or throw it on the stove for 3 minutes and you are good. Fruit can be washed and/or sliced in advance and you can get disposable cups and forks for fruit salad to eat it on the go so you don't have to fuss with silverware. You can always mix yogurt or cottage cheese with the fruit for some protein.

I am not a big waffle person but frozen waffles or even homemade waffles in the freezer you can pop into a toaster while getting ready and just dip in syrup on the go and eat with your hands. It might be sloppy but its food.

You can get individual yogurt cups and add granola, fruit, honey etc.
Breakfast burritos or quesadillas used to be a favorite of mine. I used to use the low carb, whole wheat mission tortillas but you can use whichever ones you like. For the burritos I would just fry up some eggs with salsa and cheese all scrambled together, add a dab of sour cream on a burrito sized tortilla, fold and go. For the quesadillas I would just use cheese and occasionally dip in prepared salsa or guacamole. These take less than 5 min to prepare.

Smoothies are another option. I flash freeze berries when they are in season and I make smoothies with either yogurt and milk or juice and protein powder (I stopped the powder since I got pregnant but it should be fine, the smell of it just bugs me now) and just throw in the frozen fruit (instead of ice cubes) and the yogurt and you can add a bit of honey or a banana or peaches or something else in season and blend. I have a blendtec blender and I love it. Cleanup is also a breeze. After the smoothie is done (about 2 min from start to end) I fill the container with some hot water and a drop of dish soap and run the blender for 30 seconds. I rinse and there is no sticky mess. You can pour the smoothie in a disposable cup so you don't need to worry about more dishes and drink it to go.

Peanut or almond butter and jam on toast, granola bars or trail mix, homemade muffins or quickbreads (prepared over the weekend) Just freeze and defrost before zumba class and eat when you get back.

I also have no problem eating cold leftovers if I am in the mood.

I looooove yoghurt with fresh strawberries in it and maybe a few slices of fresh banana too, yum!

Wow, thanks for all the awesome suggestions! I actually have been eating quite a few fried egg sandwiches...SO GOOD! It is just gonna take more preparation the night before to have more options!

Anything that takes my fancy lol, sometimes cereal or crumpets, other times, pizza, curry and crisps! Or grapes! not a good diet at all :(! Least im feeding bubs though :)

My cravings vary. I had fish and chips for breakfast last week.

This morning I had some roasted peaches and greek yogurt with honey.
Fried egg sandwiches are pretty quick to make and you can eat them on the go. A couple of weeks ago I made a fantastic quiche and would cut off a slice for breakfast and eat it cold. It was REALLY good. Fruit, fruit salad, oatmeal, grilled cheese. A lot of these can be prepared in advance or the night before so that you can grab it and eat it on the go. The grilled cheese can be prepared the night before and just pop into a panini press or throw it on the stove for 3 minutes and you are good. Fruit can be washed and/or sliced in advance and you can get disposable cups and forks for fruit salad to eat it on the go so you don't have to fuss with silverware. You can always mix yogurt or cottage cheese with the fruit for some protein.

I am not a big waffle person but frozen waffles or even homemade waffles in the freezer you can pop into a toaster while getting ready and just dip in syrup on the go and eat with your hands. It might be sloppy but its food.

You can get individual yogurt cups and add granola, fruit, honey etc.
Breakfast burritos or quesadillas used to be a favorite of mine. I used to use the low carb, whole wheat mission tortillas but you can use whichever ones you like. For the burritos I would just fry up some eggs with salsa and cheese all scrambled together, add a dab of sour cream on a burrito sized tortilla, fold and go. For the quesadillas I would just use cheese and occasionally dip in prepared salsa or guacamole. These take less than 5 min to prepare.

Smoothies are another option. I flash freeze berries when they are in season and I make smoothies with either yogurt and milk or juice and protein powder (I stopped the powder since I got pregnant but it should be fine, the smell of it just bugs me now) and just throw in the frozen fruit (instead of ice cubes) and the yogurt and you can add a bit of honey or a banana or peaches or something else in season and blend. I have a blendtec blender and I love it. Cleanup is also a breeze. After the smoothie is done (about 2 min from start to end) I fill the container with some hot water and a drop of dish soap and run the blender for 30 seconds. I rinse and there is no sticky mess. You can pour the smoothie in a disposable cup so you don't need to worry about more dishes and drink it to go.

Peanut or almond butter and jam on toast, granola bars or trail mix, homemade muffins or quickbreads (prepared over the weekend) Just freeze and defrost before zumba class and eat when you get back.

I also have no problem eating cold leftovers if I am in the mood.

Oh yes, fish amd chips is awesome at breakfast time!!

Haha yeah I've been known to eat leftover pizza for breakfast lately. I'm always in a hurry in the mornings, so sometimes that's all I have time to eat, and all that sounds good! I've been getting biscuits and gravy quite a bit from the cafeteria at work, but I know that's not especially good for me either :/ oh well better than nothing I guess!

I try and make sure to have lots of protein at breakfast. Eggs, Greek yogurt, toast with almond butter or peanut butter. Hard boiled eggs will last quite a while in the fridge. An apple cut up and dipped in peanut butter is fast and filling. Banana with a nut butter.

I may try making breakfast sandwiches for the week for hubby and I (he eats one every day for breakfast) and freezing them. Should be easy just to pop in the microwave.

marmite on toast every day lol . It helped my nausea so much and i look forward to it lol xx

Here are some of my favorites lately, now that I can stand food again!
-plain, full-fat yogurt with chopped apples, raisins, and walnuts
-toast with butter, sugar, and cinnamon (not the healthiest, but it is whole-grain toast!)
-pancakes (again, whole-grain. i like Bob's Red Mill Organic pancake mix, but you can also make your own mix pretty easily and save a bundle of money)
-fried potatoes (super easy and quick if you have leftover baked potatoes; just slice them up and fry with a little oil, salt, and pepper....yum! If you want to spend some time, you can make awesome breakfast burritos with the addition of some tofu, salsa, etc; lots of recipes online and most can be made the night before or in large quantities and just reheated as needed)
-leftover dinner, if it seems appealing
-cheesy toast (bread toasted with cheese so the cheese melts, then add tomato, pickle, sprouts... better with a bagel and maybe cream cheese instead of cheese, but I usually don't have fancy things like that :) )
-cooked oatmeal with milk, nuts, raisins, and brown sugar
-cold cereal with milk

Usually I'll have a slice of bread with peanut butter on it and a coffee. I don't think I'd be able to eat at 4:30am though, pregnant or not! I don't eat right away, I wait until I get to work and I'll eat around 8am.

nutella/hazelnut spread on toast, every single morning!

I usually do a green smoothie for me and DH

couple handfuls of spinach
banana or any other fruit (I like to mix a banana with frozen fruit)
orange juice (I use low calorie)
sometimes I add protien powder as well

I also really like the Fiber One 80 calorie cereals. They have a chocolate one that tastes just like Cocoa Puffs and another honey flavor that tastes like graham crackers. I'm not a big breakfast eater either but when I don't feel like making a shake, this cereal is great

When I was in Italy I had the same thing for breakfast every morning....scrambled eggs, decaf cappuccino, a cup of yogurt with granola mixed in, and a croissant. Obviously, that's because that's what all the hotels had for their free breakfasts. But it was very satisfying and I've kept doing it here at home, although here I eat greek yogurt instead of the regular!

I never used to bother with breakfast, but since being pregnant I can't get enough cereals and milk, I look forward to having it the next morning when I'm going to bed!

When I was in Italy I had the same thing for breakfast every morning....scrambled eggs, decaf cappuccino, a cup of yogurt with granola mixed in, and a croissant. Obviously, that's because that's what all the hotels had for their free breakfasts. But it was very satisfying and I've kept doing it here at home, although here I eat greek yogurt instead of the regular!

Oh, you've just made me so hungry! That sounds divine...Wish I could have this for breakfast every day too!

And also good to see that I'm not the only one eating dinner foods for breakfast... since I've gotten pregnant, I am so hungry - I get up early sometimes and just have to have a huge breakfast so that I can go back to sleep. Had a hamburger this morning for breakfast and thought to myself - at this rate, I'm just going to be massive by the time the baby gets here. But if we're all eating like this, then perhaps it's just par for the course during pregnancy.

I usually have an english muffin w/ peanut butter and a glass of oj. :)

I'm not really a fan of breakfast and I'm usually so busy with the girls I don't really get time. I do try and at least have a slice of toast and milk for the protein.

When I have time I'll sometimes make eggs (scrambled, fried, omelette etc) they are a great food.

Bananas are also really good fast food.

Toast with avocado smashed on it, salt and pepper and a squeeze of lemon-- my favorite! Even better with scrambled eggs on top. Cottage cheese with fruit is easy and filling, peanut butter (or any nut butter) toast... This morning I made a batch of banana muffins and I'll be able to eat those for the next few days. Breakfast burritos are a great idea! I haven't made once since becoming pregnant but I think I'll start. Yum, might be a breakfast for dinner night now!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->