What do you eat on an average day?

K

KJunkie

I am just curious what everyone is eating on an average day. Are you eating 6 small meals or sticking to 3 big meals? Are you getting the daily amount that is recommended on the Pregnant food pyramid? Etc. :D Thanks

I try to eat what I can keep down. I usually eat about every 2 hours. I am eating tiny portions because I am either full or ill.

The pregnant food what-now?!

Apart from feeling a little dicky at times, I've been eating as normal (plus a few cravings). I'm a natural grazer so I'm quite happy to fore-go big meals, suits me just fine!
I always have cereal, anytime of day, lots of veg. love cherry toms and avacados atm. Youghut, natural mixed with lemon and mustard, mmm! Couldn't get enough garlic 2 weeks ago and ate it with everything, raw:)
Can't handle stoge like potato, rice, pasta, bread etc. at the mo, my digestive system is not working well!
God, I probably eat terribly tbh!

Hey there, I'm eating as normal. I have cereal for breakfast at home then when I am at work I'll eat a yoghurt and some fruit through the day. I'll eat some soup for my lunch most days but on the odd naughty one will head to subway and then when I get home I'll have a normal dinner. I'm still indulging in the odd packet of crisps and bar of chocolate as I've given up so many of my favourites. I try my best to get my 5 a day fruit and veg and 2 whole grain and 2 dairy but it is difficult as I really dont eat all that much at a time and struggle to eat it all. I had some nausea a few weeks ago but still continued to eat as normal as possible.

I'm eating as normal, I do try and eat more fruit/veg, but take a pro-natal vit to give me any vits i may be missing! I haven't changed my diet to accommodate pregnancy, i think as long as you eat as normal a diet as possible, then that's fine, that's what i did in my first pregnancy, and had a very healthy 8lb 4oz buba!

p.s. i should confess to having developed a sweet tooth in this pregnancy, so have indulged in the odd cake here and there too!:blush:

Now the morning sickness is finally easing up I am eating as normal.
Brekkie, big lunch, small tea, few snacks in between.
I was never a very healthy eater anyway!

The only big difference is the amount of juice I am drinking.
I can go through a big carton of milk and fruit juice every day!
Also I have my first craving.......normal coke.
I usually hate the stuff, in fact I don't think I have had it since I was about 8 and discovered the diet stuff!!

My diet is absolutely awful now as I'm struggling to eat anything healthy without feeling sick - so I'm probably 90% ginger biscuits and 10% chocolate at the moment :rofl: - Was always told not to worry too much at this stage as baby takes what it needs from you.

Oh i have been told i should be eating little and often but am just eating when i feel hungry and snacking on fruit and chocolate in between :)
Am drinking oj and vimto like its going out of fashion but am soooo thirsty all the time.

I am pretty much eating as normal but I would definitely say I'm eating more. I never would have snacked between meals whereas now I definitely have to snack. Generally try to have healthy snacks like fruit, yoghurt, dried fruit or nuts but also have unhealthy snacks like pringles, biscuits, etc. I can't eat very big meals or it makes me feel sick. Also the smell of cooking is a bit off-putting so if I'm doing the cooking I tend to go for things that don't really smell, if OH is cooking I eat whatever he cooks. I'm also craving fruit juice and getting through loads of the stuff. I feel like I'm definitely eating too much but it's the best way to keep the nausea manageable for me.

Trying to eat as normal. I was having trouble eating breakfast (was soooo chuffed to have toast this morning because i've been able to sleep!), sandwich of some description for lunch normally with some salad and a bag of skips (Love those things!!)! and normal tea usually pasta or something along those lines. Trying to add as many veg as possible and really enjoying roasted veg like courgettes (don't normally like courgettes!!). Bowl of cereal for my supper and a few biscuits and bit of dried fruit arund those. Also have a thing for natural yoghurt....plain or with honey.....which is odd because, once again, don't normally eat it! :rofl:
I guess i've not really changed my diet a lot....the quantities may have gone up slightly though! :rofl:

it differs from day to day.
today ive been throwing up so no breakfast so far.
yesterday wasnt to bad i had mixed kebab and chips i was craving 1 lol

Im eating normal now the ms is easing off. I have cereal or toast for breakfast, tend to eat when my son does, so ill have lunch and tea but i would def say im eating more. I have a snack later on in the evening now and graze between meals.. usually on things that are bad for me like crisp or chocolate :blush: hehe

Well my diet has been quiet different the last few weeks. I am eating as normal most of the day although my diet of lots of protein has dropped drastically due to just going off my usual staples and loving carbs ! . I have been having my usual seeds, fruit and yogurt for breakfast, a salad sandwich for lunch ( never usually eat bread) and some fruit, dinner has been little different than normal I am loving home made soups and stews.Oh and loving cream crackers & cheese something I havent eaten in years. At the moment at night I cant stop picking at my partner junk something I never do. So tues I am going to try and get back into my normal routine again and cut that junk at night out. Its not even hunger that has me picking so it has to stop! I eat lots of fruit and veg anyway so im ok in that department !

Oh Food.
I've always loved food so much! I still do..but in a completely different way.
I worry about what foods I eat during the day might cause me to feel like the next morning. I don't know why I worry, the vomit always comes no matter what I eat. Yesterday I wanted strawberries LIKE CRAZY so I got some and ate them, oh how I ate them. Blueberries too. And a grapefruit. And some plums. Hehehe.

I can't eat breakfast cereal anymore it turns my stomach so brekkie is fruit and yogurt, lunch is usually a sandwich/soup or baked potato then the usual dinners. In between mostly fruit or nothing at all. My appetite has really decreased, I used to crave sweet stuff all the time before my BFP now I'm totally uninterested!

Most experienced Mums will tell you to eat a little of what you fancy and you'll be fine, the voice of experience works for me!

speaking of food - time for lunch.

I have a cinnamon and raison bagel waiting for me with lashings of butter followed by blackberries and yoghurt! yummmers!!!!!!
For some reason I always eat better when I'm at home!

i can only eat what i fancy ..

b4 i never used to be able to est brecki but now i make my self no matter how sick i feel

this is what i normall eat a day
cornflakes for breki
apple *2
bannana
pear
orange
sandwich/pasta/or chunky soup
a bag of crisp
a proper cooked meal for my tea
tuns of water and orange juice x

i think i got every thing x

Thanks for all the responses. I worry because I only eat maybe twice a day, if that. So I was just wondering how everyone else was doing. I don't have a big appetite anyway, and that has not seemed to change much. Except, I crave tomatos like crazy.

Wow you girls sound so healthy in comparison to me :rofl:

I usually get up and have a sweet tea and 2 slices of toast, then I'll sometimes have a banana or a galaxy caramel which I've been going mad for lately, then a lunch of a sandwich with either cheese, or bacon, chicken or tuna (I eat no more than 1 tuna sarnie a week heh!) then I might have a snack between lunch and dinner of Quavers (loving those atm) or a couple of crackers with cheese and pickled onions, then a cooked meal that usually has a salad or veggies with it. I try not to eat too late at night cos the food will sit really heavy in my stomach till I go to bed and I find it hard sleeping!

My diet was terrible, and I ended up losing weight.
I never tried sticking to the 6 lil meals tho, I just ate what i could stomach!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->