What do you have for Christmas Dinner?

Yes, definitely need leftovers for boxing day! :D

if we have Xmas day at home we go to my mams Boxing Day and she does leftover turkey dips with bits of leftovers, roasties and pigs in blankets. I’m not sure what we are doing this year for dinner yet but if we do go Xmas day I’m thinking of buying a small pack of turkey and doing them on Boxing Day myself in the slow cooker with some pigs in blankets and stuffing. Maybe with some baguettes.

I'm vegetarian so I usually make a Wellington with roasted squash, chestnuts, cranberries and Wensleydale cheese.

We normally have dinner at the in-laws and they always have a turkey with roast potatoes, pigs in blankets, stuffing, parsnips, cauli cheese, carrots, broc and peas. Dessert is usually trifle or choc cake.

If we end up having to stay at home this year, my husband will probably get a joint that will go in the slow cooker

My MIL forgot the sprouts one Christmas and we've never let her live it down! :haha:

We've been having turkey crown instead of a full turkey, or chicken. I can't justify £20+ on something we won't eat,

Turkey crown or chicken in the oven
Beef or gammon in the slow cooker
Pigs in blankets
Leafy cabbage
Carrots
Broccoli
Cauliflower
Stuffing
Roasted parsnips
Yorkshire puddings
Gravy
Mint sauce
Sometimes brussels.

We have turkey crown, stuffing, pigs in blankets, roast potatoes, cabbage, carrots, sprouts and parsnips with a chicken gravy.
We don't often have pudding right after but always have a chocolate yule log, trifle and various cakes (Christmas cake) and deserts available for the Christmas period.

I'm vegetarian so I usually make a Wellington with roasted squash, chestnuts, cranberries and Wensleydale cheese.

We normally have dinner at the in-laws and they always have a turkey with roast potatoes, pigs in blankets, stuffing, parsnips, cauli cheese, carrots, broc and peas. Dessert is usually trifle or choc cake.

If we end up having to stay at home this year, my husband will probably get a joint that will go in the slow cooker

That Wellington sounds really good. I'm not vegetarian but will often take the veggie option as in so fussy with meats and know I can trust the veggie one :haha:

That Wellington sounds really good. I'm not vegetarian but will often take the veggie option as in so fussy with meats and know I can trust the veggie one :haha:

Same! Also not veggie buy sometimes the veggie options are so yummy. I love nut roast and Wellington's mmm

Oh god it might be me cooking Christmas dinner for the five of us ! We asually go the in laws I do hope things change so people can spend time with loved ones

But anyway back to the food !

Chicken and beef , roast potatoes , stuffing , gravy , carrot and swede . Pigs in blankets Yorkshire puddings . Parsnips . Sprout and cauliflower !

Christmas Eve we will have a little buffet style dinner with hot bread rolls , Turkey , lettuce , coleslaw . Prawn cocktails , potatoe skins with bacon, cheese and dip . Cakes and biscuits

Then between Xmas eve , Boxing Day and Nea year’s eve . eat as much choice and drink as much wine / spirits / whatever as this year has been shit haha !

I love your sentiment! We do a very laid back Christmas breakfast - that involves prosecco for me! Really, wrapping the presents on Christmas Eve with a couple of glasses of homemade irish cream and the prosecco on Christmas are about the only drinks I get to have over the holiday period (I manage a couple of glasses for the bells at hogmanay).

I ordered the meat for Christmas day today. A turkey crown with bacon and stuffing, and a ham glazed with blackcurrant and something else :haha:

Mmm, Christmas dinner. We have:
Turkey, pigs in blankets, roast potatoes, maple roast carrots & parsnips, sprouts w/bacon & roast chestnuts, stuffing, Yorkshire puddings & cauliflower cheese (both weird to have with Christmas dinner imo but my kids want them), petit pois, gravy, cranberry sauce.

First year I haven't ordered my meat in advance! Maybe I should!

I now want christmas dinner for breakfast!!

We go to the in laws. MIL cooks the best christmas dinner ever.

Usually something like
Turkey, Ham & Beef
Pigs in Blankets
Homemade Stuffing
Goose fat roast potatoes
Brussels sprouts with bacon
Honey roast parsnips and chantenay carrots
Petit Pois
Broccoli
Cauliflower Cheese
Red Cabbage
Homemade yorkshire puddings
Gravy (obviously) - I have no idea what she does to it but its always amazing

She makes a christmas pud which smells absolutely divine (but i dont like it, however kind of glad as i think id die of alcohol over consumption because they are boozy af)
Profiteroles
Yule Log

Late on the evening we usually have a cheese board with various crackers etc too

I now want christmas dinner for breakfast!!

We go to the in laws. MIL cooks the best christmas dinner ever.

Usually something like
Turkey, Ham & Beef
Pigs in Blankets
Homemade Stuffing
Goose fat roast potatoes
Brussels sprouts with bacon
Honey roast parsnips and chantenay carrots
Petit Pois
Broccoli
Cauliflower Cheese
Red Cabbage
Homemade yorkshire puddings
Gravy (obviously) - I have no idea what she does to it but its always amazing

She makes a christmas pud which smells absolutely divine (but i dont like it, however kind of glad as i think id die of alcohol over consumption because they are boozy af)
Profiteroles
Yule Log

Late on the evening we usually have a cheese board with various crackers etc too

Oooh that all sounds delicious!

For breakfast we always have cinamon rolls (the only time of the yr we have them) and bacon, eggs and fruit.

For dinner it is going to be;
Turkey breast (a full turkey is too big for us)
Ham done in the slow cooker
Roast sweet potato
Roast carrots
Mashed Potatoes
Green beans
Creamed Corn
Stuffing
Dinner rolls
Gravy
Cranberry sauce

Desert;
Pumpkin Pie
Chocolate pie
Ice cream

As for drinks we get the kids the sparkling grap juice, and some soda, wine for me and beer for hubby.

We eat all this again on boxing day, the rest of the meat gets frozen and we reheat in future to hve on sandwiches.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->