What do you have for Christmas Dinner?

Soooo looks like I will defiantly be cooking Christmas dinner for us! First one ever ! Wish me luck !!

This thread is gonna come in app handy when food shopping haha

Soooo looks like I will defiantly be cooking Christmas dinner for us! First one ever ! Wish me luck !!

This thread is gonna come in app handy when food shopping haha
Honestly it can be good fun, I leave everyone to it, whatever 'it' is, put the radio on and cook. I'm no chef, the rest of the year food is what you eat for energy, I cook, people eat, job done, but at Christmas it's quite pleasant (I do have a couple of glasses of bubbly at brunch, that may well help\\:D/

Try not to build it up in your head. I LOVE Christmas Dinner, but it is just a glorified roast. You'll be fine.

Good luck. I've never cooked and actual roast, I've done mini roasts which is basically roast chicken breasts but never a whole bird/joint.

DH is amazing and always does it. I may help him with chopping etc.

I do a roast dinner every Sunday but only made 3 Christmas dinners before.

Trying the convince DH to order our meats but he is saying as it's just us this year not to bother and we'll just pick it up when shopping. Urgh I like pre ordering especially M&S or Sainsbury's but I guess he's right.

Co op had some lovely Christmas cookies/gingerbread to decorate. Something for the elves to bring maybe. :)

Trying the convince DH to order our meats but he is saying as it's just us this year not to bother and we'll just pick it up when shopping. Urgh I like pre ordering especially M&S or Sainsbury's but I guess he's right.

Co op had some lovely Christmas cookies/gingerbread to decorate. Something for the elves to bring maybe. :)
I'd still order if I were you. We are all veggie and when my meat eater nieces moved in I thought it would be easy to pick up an organic chicken, OMG I regretted that, had everything but the meat a week before then needed to go to the shops every day until Christmas eve to get one!

Hahahaha so true it’s just a extra special Sunday roast which I make most Sunday’s anyway ! I think it’s just because it’s Christmas!!

It will be fine I will just prep everything so I am not spending all day in the kitchen haha

I’m more concerned about having a nice table decorations etc haha .

Christmas definitely adds pressure but I always think if we aren't having guests then its just an extra nice dinner for us

I've come back to this thread for inspiration.
DH has invited his BIL, wife and two boys over on 23rd. Being totally honest I don't really get in with her but I want to make sure we have nice food and drink.

What would you do, it would be late lunch/early dinner and probably breakfast the next morning.

I was thinking salmon en croute with baby potatoes and vegetables. I'm not the best cook (she is) and I'm feeling that need for perfection!

We will be going to the in-laws but we always have:

Turkey Crown
Roast Potatoes
Pigs in Blankets
Stuffing
Carrots
Peas
Brussel Sprouts (hate them as do my children but we have to have 1 at Christmas :haha:)
Gravy
Cranberry Sauce

Really enjoyed reading all your traditions.
For us on Christmas we usually will do a turkey with sides like mashed potatoes, cranberry sauce, mashed turnips, carrots, maybe corn and buns. When we used to have a large family get together when I was a child (at my nanny's house with my mother's 7 siblings and all their kids, so fun!) we would also have ham and scalloped potatoes and stuff like that. This year my sister in law and I were thinking of maybe trying to do a beef wellington too! For dessert we usually will do a cheesecake or something simple like that but it would be fun to try and do a log cake maybe. You all have given me lots of fun ideas to mix it up this year !

Christmas cooking always makes me realise I'm a rubbish cook!
Actually I can cook but the timing stresses me out. I prefer to prep then cook.

I'd love to make my own cheesecake. Who knows maybe I'll try ha ha

I just realised that I have given no thoughts to Christmas Eve or the 26th. I am not sure that eating leftovers all of the 26 will really do it. lol
What are you all having?

I find making cheese cake is kind of hard actually. They tend to crack down the middle!! I read somewhere if you put a dish of water in the bottom of the oven while it's cooking they don't crack

Although I have a normal Christmas dinner, my sister has a buffet on Christmas day, with a chilli and a curry in slow cookers. She says it so the kids can play with their toys all day, but I think it's because she is a rubbish cook

Lol. If she can make chilli and curry she is better than me. :haha: Thank goodness Nick is a good cook and enjoys cooking!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->