What do you like most and least about pregnancy?

I love that I never feel alone and that I feel connected to my baby.

I hate being out of breath and braxton hicks!

Love-Thinking about what the future will be like, the anticipation of what the baby will be like and if it will be a little boy or girl, having scans, everyone else being excited, waiting to feel movement, having an excuse to take it easy, sharing something so exciting with DH, enjoying dessert:)

Hate-Funny pains, not sleeping great, nausea and feeling tired all the time, how huge my butt is getting, loads of Dr. appointments, worrying about money and work, wanting a beer so badly and not being able to have one, thinking abot how hot and miserable I will be in August, finding cute and trendy maternity clothes, getting annoying advice when I didn't ask for it from MIL

There is only 1 thing I hate - the way i've been so ill.

But, i love everything else, it reminds me everytime i feel something, that i am finally pregnant and so thankful for it:)

What a fab thread Golcarlilly!

I like:

Just being so lucky to be born a woman & therefore being able to do something so precious :)

Feeling little one move

Thinking of the future & what it will be like to meet little one

Watching my bump grow

Dislike:

The fact that people think that just because you're pregnant your body is public property: from people touching your bump to feeling the need to tell you how you look from one day to the next!!! Argh!

Not being able to have alcohol & sushi!

The constant worrying if everything is going to be ok with little one

All so worth it though!

• Knowing that I am a mother
  • Going to the doctors
  • Hearing her heartbeat
  • My growing belly
  • Maternity Clothes
  • Long nails
  • Buying her clothes
  • Doing her nursery

Dislikes:
  • Hair falls out in chunks
  • Acne
  • Dry skin
  • Moody
  • I got bad vision and had to get glasses
  • Couldnt poop for at least 2 weeks!
  • Cramping when Im stretching
  • Hard to breathe
  • Feet are fat and hurt
  • Hairy belly, face and everything!
  • I cant see my vagina!
  • People always grab my belly without asking, and its like "ew I dont know you" haha

Likes: the thought of being a mommy, little bump appearing, bigger boobs! The anticipation of meeting a new family member, the true miracle of conception!

Dislikes: the CONSTANT Worry!!!! It drives me insane, EVERY little twinge I think it is something bad, every bit of anything I fear the worst, I didnt realise I would be like this but I am one HUGE worry wart! Oh ya and I have put on 5 kgs in 14 weeks! eeeeeeeek!

Hates:

• The sickness and UTI's! I get UTI's all the time but it seems worse now! And sickness at 18 1/2 weeks, well, who would have thought it.
  • I hate thinking I don't ever want to do this again.
  • i am constantly dizzy and going off foods
  • I want a McFlurry but they say i can't
  • Heartburn. Which makes me sick
  • Not being able to wear heels
  • Did i mention mcFlurry's?

Loves:
  • Feeling totally at peace mentally when i'm going to sleep, knowing i have a precious life inside me
  • Knowing that this baby is so wanted
  • Knowing that I will forget everything i hate, apart from the McFlurry part, and do it all again

Bugger...... I've ben eating mcflurrys without thinking....

Are they unpasturised?? :?

I dunno - I just went by the whole ' dont eat whipped ice cream thing'

And then my mw says not to worry as much as the new Ready steady book doesnt mention this, whereas the old one does?!?!?!?!?

i love her kicks and hearing her heartbeat - they are both so reassuring

i hate worrying i'll never meet my princess

xxxx

I love it when buba kicks or move about and looking at my bump in the mirror - its fascinating seeing your body shape change!

What i hate is the way my back locks up when i am lying down and when i try to move i get sciatica pain - OUCH! Oh and the leg cramps that i sometimes get....

But its all worth it xx

my bump - the bigger it gets the smaller the rest me looks and makes me feel pregnant and not just fatter!
the thought of meeting the baby - I can't wait - as the days go by and it gets closer and closer I feel completely overwhelmed by the excitement I feel when I think about it.

Dislikes:
back ache
not having a decent night's sleep since god know's when.
random aches and pains that have me rushing onto the net desperately googling to get reassurance.
constipation.
feeling teary at the drop of a hat.
The fear that I won't be a good mum and I will do something stupid and end up hurting the baby during pregnancy or afterwards.
The fear of labour.
Sore achey boobs.

I love everything about being pregnant apart from the hormonal mood swings!

Things I Love about being pregnant:
My growing bump
How much I love this baby already
How much hubby loves this baby already

Things I don't like:
All the 'medical' bits! :rofl:
Families!!!!!!

Love:

my growing bump, my bigger boobs (DH especially loves them!), feeling her kick, having the privilege of being the one who gets to grow her

Hate:

early symptoms - especially nausea and depression, not being able to eat and drink things I love, putting exotic holidays on hold till we can afford them again, the thought of labour...

I love feeling baby move, and my lovely growing bump. I love the fact that DH and I are starting a family.

I dislike medical appointments and worrying so much that something might go wrong.

I love my growing belly, it makes me feel really womanly and so proud that my body is capable of such a miracle :cloud9:

I hate missing out on my fave foods - sushi, pate, and wine!! :hissy:

What do you all love/hate?
It's more complicated for me. :rofl: I think that a lot of things I love one minute, I hate the next. My body, for example. One minute I feel beautiful, the epitome of womanhood, just so proud that in that big, round belly is a beautiful baby... the next I'm a BIG FAT UGLY COW and I should just go hide in a cave somewhere so no one in the world has to suffer in the way of looking at me! :rofl:

I miss smoking and hate that I had to quit... but then I realize that it's much healthier for me anyway to not be smoking. The same goes for alcohol.

I just hate that EVERYTHING seems to be different now. I can't do anything that I used to, whether it's because it's bad for me and the baby, or if it's just because of how tired and sore you get.

I looooove feeling my baby move and kick me. I LOVE my baby. I can't wait to have him here in my arms, rather than my uterus. I can't wait for Daddy to be able to feel him, then for Daddy to be able to hold him... can't wait to see my husband be a daddy and I love just the thought of it.

Ooh I like this thread!!! -

I don't like...
The horrible spots on my back, chest and forehead
The horrible taste in my mouth and smells everywhere that make me want to heave!
The fact that I have gone off sausages which were my fave food
(This is sooo shallow...) the fear of putting on weight on my arms, legs, thighs and backside
The constant waiting to know that baby is ok by seeing scans and feeling kicking
The inability to cope with the smallest of things without bursting into tears
My greasy hair
The thought of pushing 6-9 pounds out of me, because I have a poor pain threshold!
Working in a stressful job throughout all this

I like...
The feeling that I am carrying a little life inside me
Seeing it kicking its legs and arms around in the first scan - will never forget that moment
Seeing its facial features on the scan photo
Peeing lots of times in the day (sounds crazy, but with it being too early for kicking or a proper bump, it is a nice reminder that I am still pregnant!)
Hubby being so kind to me and taking care of things when I have been sick
The thought of seeing our baby for the first time
Making hubby so happy that we are having a baby
That we are building our little nest ready for baby's arrival
Saving so much money when we go out (by not drinking alcohol!) - had to put a positive spin on that one!
That the baby will recognise my voice after its born

LOL I know what you mean! - I just got back from a girly weekend where I spent £10 on a night out. Gotta look at the bright side to not drinking!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"