What do you think about piercing ears?

PregnantTeena

Reaction score
If i have a girl i want to get her ears pierced but also i dont want to because there are so many debates about it.
Well what do you guys think?

If I was having a girl I would definately pierce her ears but id wait til shes at least 6 months to a year.

Hellooo thar!

I'm a professional body piercer and have had many people come through my door wondering if I'd pierce their child's ears. Of course I'll do it, however I have a few rules. If the child consents that's fine usually around the age of 5.
However I will not pierce a child under 5 that requires restraining, if the child sits there and accepts it then I'll go ahead other wise I just can't do it and I see this as more of a personal choice. I think the younger they are a the more of a safety hazard they become as they're constantly flailing their arms around and in rough and tumble with each other and getting used to their bodies.
However I think it's a personal decision really and as long as the parents are educated I see absolutely no problem with it :)

If I had a girl I couldn't do it until she was a bit older, definitely not under than age of 1, especially with how babies play with their ears so much, although I have no problem with others who do it :flower:

Personally, I'd end up waiting until they were an older age. Old enough to make the decision themselves and understand they can't be tugging on the piercing, taking it out, etc. Babies grab everything, and I'd be afraid of her ripping them out. Ouch. :( But that's just personal preference, and I definitely don't think less of people if they get them done at an early age! :kiss:

I asked for mine done at about 8, i'd do the same and wait for the child to ask me. Don't have a problem with other people doing it earlier though, apart from i remember how sore mine were and think you should wait a little while incase they get knocked etc.

I personally don't see the need, why ruin a baby's perfect little ears? If my baby girl asks for them done when she's older then fine however I don't believe its right to go around changing her body until she can decide if she wants it done or not :)

I had my daughters ears donw at six months. We had issues. Id wait.

I plan to wait until my daughter (or future son) asks. I've had a few friends pierce their daughters ears as infants and they've gotten stuck in clothing and carpets and have been ripped out. So I've always been afraid of that, plus I want ear piercing to be a way to help him/her be more responsible.

Its not something I've done with either of my girls I couldn't put them through unnecessary pain for a cosmetic reason, plus I don't think it looks nice on babies anyway.
Once my girls are old enough to ask me for it and understand about it then they can have them done.

Its not something I've done with either of my girls I couldn't put them through unnecessary pain for a cosmetic reason, plus I don't think it looks nice on babies anyway.
Once my girls are old enough to ask me for it and understand about it then they can have them done.

Sorry this is OT but you're pregnant again? Congratulations! :D

Sorry this is OT but you're pregnant again? Congratulations! :D

lol yup.....BIG surprise it wasnt at all planned especially with DD2 only being 4 months old!

My mother got my ears pierced when I was about 8 months old...honestly I thank her A LOT! It saves me the pain of remembering and having to deal with them...I will be doing the same to my child (if it is a girl) I don't see the harm in doing it, but everyone is different and should do what they think is best :)

My LO can have her ears pierced when she's old enough to ask to have them done. :)

I'm having a daughter, and personally I wouldn't do that to her when she's a baby. I agree with others, it could easily be ripped out and its something she can decide on for herself when she's old enough. Plus I have to get hypoallergenic earrings due to an allergy so wouldn't want to take that chance.

Not something I will do until I believe my daughter is old enough and responsible enough to look after pierced ears i.e cleaning etc. and asks for them to be done. Not my body at the end of the day :)

My daughters 2 almost and she keeps asking for hers done as I always have earrings in, she loves them.

Burning way would I actually get hers done atm, in my eyes she's still a baby lol I'll let her have the done when she's about 6 or older but only if she really wants it done :)

I wouldn't pierce a baby's ears personally. I think 6/7 is the youngest I'd get it done

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"