What do you think- bath tub markers and crayons

LovingYou

Karinna and Willow's mom
Reaction score
I think they're fun and a cool idea since Karinna absolutely loves bath time.

But hubby hates them and doesn't want me to buy them for Karinna because he says "it would be teaching her that drawing on the walls is okay"

I see his point, but what do you think?

I can see both POV. We never bothered with them as they both seem to be content with the floating toys we have in there.

my LO was trying to write on the walls before I ever gave her bath crayons so it seems to me it makes no difference. I just watch her when she's with crayons, pens etc and not in the tub.

they are good but i must warn you they colour the grout which then either needs redoing or going over with a grout pen..... a hassle when there are plenty of other bath toys available!

I am also not inclined to buy them because I think its confusing for a young child to be able to draw on some walls but not others...but I can see why people like them, its tempting. Oooh I didn't even consider the grout! Now I will definately avoid. He can enjoy a nice boat instead.

:coffee:

My LO loves his crayons - although he has eaten them down to the stump so has to pick the crayon out and then wipe it on the side...
He's shown no interest in drawing on the walls, and he uses pens downstairs all the time x

my son has only ever once drawn on the wall and that was when a very exciting permanent marker was left in his reach (at his Dad's!) and he has always had bath crayons. So I don't think it's an issue.

Omar loves his bath crayons. he uses markers, crayons & chalks all the time without supervision but he doesnt write on the wall.

My lo will be getting some im not to bothered about wrighting on the Walls as we bought those magic sponges from the pound shop and it comes of with one wipe with out damaging the wall luckily he hasn't done it yet but my bro did. They also clean the colour If grout if it does get stuck as it brought bright red hair dye of our tiles

We had them and i hated them!! Made such a mess and ryan wasnt that botherd by them (think dh liked them more). The grout is all stained and they were a pain in the ass to clean. Never again! Lol

I was tempted to get some as a stocking filler (saw them in Poundland one day) but was dithering about whether or not they were a good idea for the same reasons as you. Spoke to my mum about it and she agreed, she thought they were a terrible idea. Not to say DD will never draw on walls etc but I do think it would confuse the issue somewhat especially while she's still so young x

LOVE THEM and have used them since my eldest was little.... i think if children have access to pens unsupervised the chances of them drawing on walls, clothes, bed linen, themselves lol......is the same whether they have used bath crayons or not........children associate the bath crayons as exactly that to use in the bath and my girls love wiping their drawings off the tiles after to x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->