What do you think - chemical?

Dill

Reaction score
This makes cycle #5 of us TTC #2. I am prone to losses, unfortunately, and of 7 pregnancies, have only carried 1 to term (my beautiful rainbow DS).

This cycle has been very confusing for me, and I suspect it was probably a chemical pregnancy/early MC. I'm just hoping for some thoughts/opinions on that.

I had a few days of possible vvvfl's on tests, which seemed to progress slightly over those days, and then disappeared entirely. I had a lot of nausea. AF was late, and I typically have a pretty consistent LP. AF started for me today, but not only is my temperature still above coverline, it actually went up this morning. Since having my IUD removed in August, AF has been pretty easy - light cramping at the start of it, not a lot of tissue/clots, pretty short and sweet. Today, though, I am in absolute agony - the pain is horrible - and there is a lot more tissue than in my past cycles. This is consistent with the cycles of my youth, but definitely not since having DS two years ago!

So does that seem likely that this may be a CP, especially with the fact that my temps are still elevated despite AF arriving, and the possible positive hpts from earlier in the week?

And if so, should I hold off on seeing my midwife? I was going to make an appointment if we hadn't conceived after cycle #6, since I am turning 35 next month and have previously never really had issues with getting pregnant (just staying pregnant). But if this month was a CP, then it seems like things are working fairly normally, so it may just need some more time/trying to get a sticky bean.

Sorry if this is rambling and disjointed. I am so tired and sore! :(

I would keep your appt seeing as there is no way to know for sure. Personally my bleeding was not any heavier with my early losses but if you had faint positives then a chemical is definitely a possibility.

I do tend to have heavier bleeding even with early losses, so it fits the profile for me.

I got anxious and contacted a nurse. She said it does sound like a chemical, but that I shouldn't need to come in since all signs point to my fertility otherwise being fine (a pregnancy, even a failed one, on cycle #5 is in a healthy/normal timeframe). She recommended that I wait a few more months and keep trying. So I guess that's the plan. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->