What do you think is going on?

mary81

Reaction score
Hi ladies. Well my 2 week wait wasn't a 2 week wait and af came properly last night at 10dpo. Now this my first month ttc for baby number 2. My little girl is 8. 5 months old and a partially breastfed her til nearly 5 months. So have been stopped around 4 months. My cycles have been irregular since, and this is only the 3rd af since having her. This last cycle was about 38 days, but before that around 2 months. Anyway I've been charting this month and know I ovulated and also had +opk. I started spotting a tiny bit late at night on 7dpo and this spotting continued until last night when it seemed more like an actual period now. I'm so worried now that I've got a very short luteal phase. My temp hadnt gone back to below the Coverline until this morning but had started going down slowly from 8dpo, but the day I started spotting my temp was the highest it's been. Just seems strange to have so many days of spotting first. :wacko::wacko:
Do you think this is still my body trying to sort itself out after feeding? I'm also not completely dried up of milk, like there's always a tiny bit there if you squeeze lol, could this be a problem too? Hate knowing i will pribably have to wait ages now to ovulate again :nope: Thanks for reading x

It sounds like your body is still trying to get back into the swing of things! Frustrating, isn't it? I have never tried it yet, but some of the other ladies here take vitamin B6 to lengthen their luteal phase.

There's another thread with information here: https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/t...gthen-luteal-phase-increase-progesterone.html

Hey Mary81, I had a similar issue. I breastfed my DD until 16 months and even after we stopped, I could see a little bit of milk come out when I squeezed my nipples (tmi sorry). When DH and I decided we were ready for another, I started temping and my LP was only 3-6 days. I got some great advice from the ladies of this forum and started taking b6/b12/folic acid supplements daily. (I believe it is the b6/b12 combo that helps with extending LP) The first month I took it, my LP was extended to 13 days (but FF has my chart all crazy so they have me marked at 18 days, either way, it got extended!!)

So I would definitely try that first! I would STRONGLY recommend that you take the supplements in the morning as they tend to cause an energy boost and make it hard to sleep if you take it at night (I did this on friday by accident and didn't get to sleep until midnight.. totally sucks when you have a LO that gets up at 5:30am!!)

just make sure you get the combo because b6 needs b12 in order to work properly.

I wish you the best of luck!

Thanks both for the vit b suggestion will go get some. Silly me i just assumed it would be just as easy second time around! So am I right in thinking you wouldn't also take a prenatal vitamin with them as would it be too much then? X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->